[SOLD] Fiorenzato Bricoletta (HX Direct Plumb Rotary)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Compass Coffee

#1: Post by Compass Coffee »

The day before Thanksgiving a VBM DD landed. So my trusty Bric' is for sale. If you're unfamiliar with this true commerical grade commercial rated HX check out Chris Tacy's review, which heavily influenced my 7 years ago moving from PID'd tank float plumbed Silvia.

This is the exact same Retro Garbage Can clad direct plumb model Chris reviewed. While living on our kitchen counter she has seen occasional catering gig duty, included one 3 day event where she pulled 25lb worth of beans without batting a eye. Do the math, that was a helluva lot of double shots in 3 days! Indeed very capable of rapid back to back shots. Only requires about 30sec recovery after post shot flush to be temp ready for next shot. Weakness in that type of duty - steaming compared to a larger boiler machine!

While water in is direct plumb only (or flojet etc.) drip tray can be plumbed or not. I ran drip tray unplumbed at home because never got the okie-dokie for a bigger hole in counter. :lol: Both drip trays will be included.

Note that Fiorenzato kind of goofed with the unplumbed drip tray providing nowhere for the silicon overflow tube to go. Pictures of my copper tubing solution provided below. Also what may look like fresh merange on the boiler is the Durablanket insulation I added shortly after getting the Bric'. Cut idle heating cycle time more than in half IIRC. (could search posts from 7 years ago or so for exact times but not gonna!)

Pic of pump is simply showing where it is to dial in shot pressure to your inlet pressure - which always must be done with any rotary pump machine. Note: the Bric' does NOT have a shot pressure gauge only boiler pressure so you'll need to use a PF mounted gauge. Had her dialed in to 8.75bar for my line pressure but that doesn't mean squat for your line pressure...

The last picture shows why I orginally got a super deal on the machine from Chris Coffee. Look closely and you'll see the drip tray is not level. The front drip tray frame was bent during shipping from Italy.

Will come with both plumbed and unplumbed drip trays, 2xPF, double and single shot baskets, backflush blank, extra group gasket (new one installed), new group screen 6 months ago, spare set of lever bushings (replaced a year or so ago, no current leakage) and an allen wrench, have a spare correct size. (Silly thing requires a flathead and phillips screw drivers and allen wrench to take both the top and body covers off!)

Edit: Requires 20A circuit which all modern kitchens (should) have. Ran off circuit shared with 1000w nuker for 7 years. Only time tripped breaker was if entertaining making large number of beverages back to back AND ran nuker at the same time.

1st Line currently has this bad girl on sale for $1325.00 shipped, less than it was 7 years ago!

Asking Price: $825 shipped ConUs check or MO, $849.75 PayPal or cc via phone.
Picked up $750 cash, check or MO, $772.50 PayPal or cc. (Vancouver, WA)

(pictures taken from my 5 year old phone, what can I say. :oops: )
Mike McGinness

Compass Coffee (original poster)

#2: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

FYI the Bric' is setup at the Roastery if you happen to be local (Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR area) . I can quickly run you through easy flush-n-go temp surfing with a Scace Thermofilter. I had an Eric's thermometer in the grouphead for a couple years but it died and didn't really need it. It did make flush-n-go easier when occasionally entertaining and it was noisy making hearing the flash harder but for day to day didn't miss it at all. I can usually nail the shot temp within 0.5f by ear and count so didn't replace it.

Also failed to mention steaming, which is often a question. The particular machine Chris reviewed came with a 2 hole tip he didn't like, mine came with the full commerical machine 4 hole designed for big boiler machines which as Chris stated is unusable because it just dumps the steam pressure to zip almost instantly. Early on I played with a couple different tips including the stock 4 hole pluggin 1 then 2 holes with tooth picks. Ended up liking the stock 4 hole with 2 plugged better than the gold or other after market tips. I permanently sealed 2 holes making it a 2 hole tip. This configuration you get the usual initial slight drop in boiler pressure when first starting steaming and because of the Bric's great high power the pressure remains virtually constant the whole steaming. How permanent the tip mod? Been using it that way 6 years so I'd say permanent permanent! Oh and how does it perform in usage? Takes about 17sec to steam for a 6oz cappuccino. (actually timed it again yesterday) Purge steam wand, flush-n-go start the shot, start steaming, stop steaming, stop the shot... Perfect. Swirl milk and pour. Rinse pitcher, knock out puck, flush group, wipe build next PF for shot, ready to flush-n-go again - no waiting. Man once did a head to head comparison when someone brought over their Anita and I couldn't believe how long it took Anita to recover and be ready for another pull. HUGE performance difference, seriously!
Mike McGinness

Advertisement

#3: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

In the cup update. What initially sold me on the Bric' was Chris Tacy's review straight shot rating higher than a stock Linea equal to a modified Linea. However up until yesterday never did a head to head comparison myself even though turned professional a couple years after getting the Bric' for home and have been running PID'd brew boiler Lineas for over 5 years now at my coffeehouses!

So after dialing in Delirium on the Linea pulled back to back shots Linea versus Bricoletta same 11 days rest perfect screaming sweetly rested batch in the hopper same Mazzer Major grinder. Even used same PF and basket. Didn't attempt blind comparison or the like (kind of tough by myself) but gotta say seemed virtually identical tasting shots with excellent clarity and mouthfeel. Stop by and compare for yourself!
Mike McGinness

#4: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

Since the Mater pstat is/was about 4 years old debated whether or not preemptively replacing. Hadn't had a problem but getting long in the tooth when sticky contacts might start happening. Low and behold yesterday pstat stuck on! No biggy had a new Mater on hand. Well don't you know they sent me one with smaller fitting so either get an adapter, send back for exchange OR attempt to shoe-horn in a Sirai. Decided to go for the Sirai since in 110v application only uses one of the three sets of contacts leaving two sets for future use. Since the Sirai is so huge it did take reshaping the attaching pipe but just squeezed it in!

Note: that rag you might notice around the anti-vacuum valve 'cuz figured what the heck might as well descale too while she's sitting here. Wasn't going to since only been about 6 months and run filtered softened water but what the hey descaling makes pretty blue green water. :lol:
Mike McGinness

#5: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

Sale Pending....
Mike McGinness