[SOLD] Restored FE-AR La Peppina Vintage Lever Espresso Machine 110V

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
UFGators

#1: Post by UFGators »

For Sale is a FE-AR La Peppina Lever Machine with the US-market specific 110v electrical configuration. This is version 3.0 from 1975 that includes the water container lid AND the airtight steaming lid for steaming milk. The boiler design of this machine is more desirable than the later models due to the center metal cylinder that holds water as extra protection from running the boiler dry. The machine features 700 watt heating elements that can be run on any North American 15 amp or 20 amp 110V circuit. The machine has a complete set that includes the factory power cord, the black water container cap, the steaming lid, the metal drip tray grate, the portafilter a double basket and a single basket. To have all of these is incredible rare and very useful. The single basket is extremely difficult to find. This even comes with the factory tamper! For the same price, you can choose either the red container or the black container. See pictures

Here is the work I performed on the machine: I very gently cleaned and descaled the machine. I used lots of manual descaling to preserve the finish on the inside of the boiler. The nickel plating on the boiler elements are perfect. The plating on the boiler is mostly intact and in great shape. The previous owner took care of this machine from what I can see. Most peppina were stored outside and the humidity has eaten away most of the boiler inside and caused very destructive pitting in the metal. This is not the case with this machine, it Is in excellent shape both inside and out and I took pictures to show this.

The black rubber gasket for the base of the machine is almost flawless and the rubber that seals the steaming lid is in excellent shape. These make the machine look like new. I replaced all internal gaskets with fresh seals and changed the stock easily stripped aluminum flat head screw driver screws with steel phillips head screws. This allows you to remove the shower head without having to take the machine off the base. I tested the machine and it is running flawlessly. The red container is in excellent condition and could pass for almost new. No rust or scratches which is rare.

For those who do not know the La peppina it is the easiest home lever machine to use. The machine allows you to make anything from 1:1 ristretto to long shots for milk based drinks. The 45mm basket fits up to 17g in it. The machine uses a strong spring that forces water through the group. Pre in fusion is done by doing half pumps to wet coffee bed and the machine has a special gasket that allows this by preventing water from flowing backwards into the group. You can pull higher pressure shots by pulling up on lever to further add pressure to piston.

Temperature management is very easy. Measure the temperature of the water in the container on top and pull your shot. Your shot temperature will be about 2 degree less than the thermometer reading. It is that easy.

I am asking $399 plus shipping. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer or more complete La Peppina restored and ready to go. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks!