[SOLD] E61 HX single group - "Grimac La Uno"

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
jamori

#1: Post by jamori »

I've got a single group "Grimac La Uno" (aka "Grimac La Una" aka "Grimac Mini"; it seems to have many names) that served me well over the years. I only upgraded because I was offered deal I couldn't turn down on a La Spaziale Vivaldi DB. This one has been sitting under my coffee station for a couple years, and I'd like to try and sell it before it gets too cold to ship this winter (plus -- my baby has started crawling and is a little TOO interested in this shiny thing sitting on the floor!)

I'm told it's basically the "big brother" heavy duty version of the La Valentina ( /valentina- ... guide.html )

When I got it, it was outfitted for a pod system and auto-frother attachment. I removed those and replaced with a brand new (upgraded and fully articulating) steam wand and new standard espresso dispersion block and filter screen from 1st-line. The pod adapter and auto-frother are included as spare parts in case you ever want them, though I doubt anyone on HB would :) It pulls great straight shots now!

Feature summary:
  • 1.3 liter copper boiler
  • HX machine with E61 group
  • 1300 Watt element
  • Uses standard 120V, 15A home outlet
  • 5 liter water tank (well over a gallon! didn't need filled often)
  • vibe pump
  • E-61 Group head
  • Copper tubing
  • Programmable volumetric or manual dosing via touch panel
  • Solenoid valves
  • Fully articulating steam wand
  • Boiler pressure gauge
  • Well maintained! Descaled regularly while in use
Includes:
  • the espresso machine
  • portafilter with interchangeable spouts. Single spout pictured, pretty sure I've got a double spout too
  • tamper
  • steam pitcher
  • 3 baskets (standard/double, single, and blind)
  • spare orings and gaskets
  • a spare pressurestat
  • several interchangeable steam wand tips
  • If this is your first machine, let me know and I'll find 2 spare ceramic espresso cups (not pictured) to include :)
It worked great, and parts appear readily available from 1st-line if you ever need them: http://www.1st-line.com/store/pc/Grimac-c387.htm I vaguely recall the pstat was occasionally a little sticky which is why I've got the extra. I think I replaced it and the original (which is only slightly finicky) is the 'spare', and the replacement has <6 months usage on it.

You can also see http://www.espressomachinecatalog.com/v ... ca-1g.aspx for info and manuals and such

Somebody else (not me! different instance of the same machine) who was selling their Grimac La Uno last year made a nice looking video on youtube demonstrating the machine

Machine:

Included parts/accessories:

My full setup (for scale, etc):

I dug around at one point, and it appears MSRP is about $2200. Wasn't entirely sure how to price this as there doesn't seem to be many of this exact machine selling, so I'm open to reasonable offers.

Price: Asking $800 OBO
Shipping: Local pickup available, otherwise buyer pays packing and shipping (from Durham, NC)
If you're local, I'm happy to spend some time showing you how the machine works, and/or I'm frequently at the Friday morning Counter Culture meetups and we can play with it there.