[SOLD] Caravel 110V

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
PacMan

#1: Post by PacMan »

After ~1yr with this fabulous Caravel I've caught the bug and am looking to sell to fund a new machine.

Previously purchased from a fellow member on here, the machine is in great shape. Includes:

-Caravel with 110V element from Brooks (installed ~2 months ago)
-3 portafilters (original/Brooks bottomless/Gabor bottomless-wood handles also from Gabor). I've been exclusively using the Naked portafilter from Gabor since I got it a few months ago. Absolutely amazing.
-2 baskets (1 original and 1 Brooks)
-OE dosing funnel
-Tamper (I believe Cafelat)
-2 sets of seals (1 Brooks un-opened and 1 OE with portafilter gasket installed ~10 months ago)
-3D printed (Ninjaflex) tamping stand for use with Gabor's Naked portafilter
-3D printed (Ninjaflex) feet. Original suction cups were in not so good shape and the rubber back feet were marking up counter pretty bad. These printed ones work great, firm with slight give and non-marking. Uses original hardware.
-3D printed (PLA) portafilter fork attachment for Vario (not pictured). This slides onto the forks and lets you sit Gabor's naked portafilter, and OE funnel, in dosing position. Essentially, push grind and it's a no hand operation.

Some quirks:
1. I haven't set the thermostat correctly or possibly something is slight off on the calibration. When you turn on the bottom power switch you need to tap (push in) the thermostat switch to start heating. May sometimes click off before reaching a rolling boil but a quick tap of thermostat switch clicks element back on through rolling boil.

2. The Brooks bottomless seems slightly out of round. Requires some force to initially put in but then will rotate and lock in fine.

Price: I'm asking $550 with local pickup available in the DC/MD area. I am open to shipping but expect to pay for packing (double box, foam, bubble wrap.. it will get there in same condition I pack it) and shipping.

Way too many Pics (shot at end is pulled with 14g of 6 day old Dharma blend from Temple):