[SOLD] Bezzera Family Lever

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Not2Bitter

#1: Post by Not2Bitter »

Up for sale I have a clean vintage Bezzera family lever. The machine is 49mm spring lever group very similar to a Olympia Club (big brother of the Cremina) With the difference being that it has a heavier themosyphon group and is more temp stable.

This machine pulls amazing shots, sweet, aromatic, and with great mouth feel. This machine prioduces shots similar to a Cremina but seems easier to hit the sweet spot.

The boiler is very large, today I emptied it and filled it till the sightglass read full after 1.6 liters and still had enough room to for the water to move around a lot, I'm guessing its close to 1.9 liter. The group is not mounted directly to the boiler, it is instead mounted to the faceplace which is backed by a thick steel plate. The separation keeps the group from overheating, I have the boiler set at 1.5 bar and never have problems with burnt shots even when the machine has been on for a few hours.
I recently descaled the machine and replaced the Pressure stat with a CEME tight dead band model that keeps the pressure between 1.45 and 1.5. The steaming is very powerful and will run endlessly at 1.2 bar.

The case is the thickest I've seen on a home machine and probably weighs 2 or 3 pounds by itself, there aren't any dents on the machine but the paint has a few scratches and very minor chips. I was going to have the case powder coated and they said it would be no more than 50 dollars, so thats an easy fix.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

I'm asking 1000 OBO and would like to try to make a local deal in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I will be now be willing to ship insured at the cost of the buyer.

I also will include a 49.4mm OE tamper with the machine.
Unfortunately the Bottomless portafilter will not come with the machine.

Advertisement
beer&mathematics

#2: Post by beer&mathematics »

I'd like to see a photo of the sides and back. It looks like a nice yellow color, or is it orange?
LMWDP #431

Not2Bitter (original poster)

#3: Post by Not2Bitter (original poster) »

The color is a nice Orange, but there are some small chips and scratches, it would be very easy to get powder coated for 50 dollars.

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

This is atypical for me, but I'd just like to comment here; Justin and I became friends thanks to Home-Barista.com :D - our meet up at Artís in Berkeley gained me a new friend and we have done a lot of shot pulling together ever since, I've taught him coffee roasting, he's taught me about straight razors (another shared hobby) and we've had lots of shots on this machine.

I don't want this to come across as an official plug or endorsement (and please don't take it as such, I've already pointed out the friend bias) just first hand experience on this particular lever. I've pulled incredible shots off this machine with literally the most slight effort, like dialing in shots were so good that they took me by surprise. I hauled a bunch of various home roasts, mostly SO roasts purposed for pour over to his house to share and played around with this tank of a machine for 5 hours. I recall specifically it was 4 different roasts of the Gedeo Worka. From the first shot till the last, this Bezzera equaled the best I've pulled from my Cremina and ever so slightly ahead of the Strega.

If I were to compare this machine to another, I'd say it's a Cremina that doesn't overheat as fast, nor need refills as frequently.

This Forum isn't meant to be a dialogue section, so we'll end it here and PM's should be directed to the seller. I just thought that since this particular group/design hasn't gotten any discussion in a long time I'd mention my experience with it, because I was completely unfamiliar with it prior to it and others might be in the same boat.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/