[SOLD] 2012 MAHLKÖNIG K30 Vario (WBC)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Spitz.me

#1: Post by Spitz.me »

Up for sale is a used K30 Vario. I'm the second owner. The original owner bought the grinder in late 2012 and I just recently purchased it about 2 months ago.

Price: $1100USD + actual shipping + 3% paypal fees

Condition: Just under 8000 double shots have been ground according to the counter. The grinder's cosmetic condition is wonderful for a grinder of this age. It has been gently used and it's obvious.

Reason for Sale: TL;DR: I am used to the flexibility I have with the K10 PB.

Most people like to know why you sell something that should lead to the end of upgrade-itis. I have a K10 PB that I've been using for a couple of years. I wanted to try the K30 Vario because I wanted to move away from the single-dosing routine I have with the K10 to a more convenient routine. The grind retention and usage patterns that I read about seemed to fit the bill as an 'upgrade' to my espresso routine.

The K30 is a treat to use. It was surprisingly quiet and I love that quality. The timed hopper dosing and walk-up-and-grind routine are a treat to someone who has 'endured' the K10's single-dosing routine for years. However, what I miss is the ability to single-dose and try different coffees at the same time. I toyed with the idea of owning both the K10 and the K30 because, why not?! To me, the funds are better used elsewhere in my life. The K10 allows for the flexibility I've grown accustomed. It'll be my grinder of choice until something similar, but easier to use comes along. Not easy to teach an old dog new tricks, I guess.

LMWDP #670