[SOLD] '08 Anfim Super Caimano Timer (SC-T) w/ new steel burrs

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
russel

#1: Post by russel »

I've spent the last month rebuilding this grinder little by little. I did so for a barista friend looking to put together a home setup on a serious budget. He now has larger financial issues to deal with and now I've found myself with a third Super Caimano. I love Anfim and I love the mentality that underlies these. Similar to Dittings, it's a big motor in a nice strong box (painted stainless steel) with a dispensing mechanism bolted onto the front. I've rebuilt a lot of dosers, but none are like Anfim's, combining precision and simplicity to create something that I feel improves your coffee making by eliminating clumps and distributing the grounds straight down into a nice little cone. It's a clever and elegant bit of engineering.

Although this has the "Titanium" badge, the worn Ti burrs where replaced with regular Anfim 75mm hardened steel burrs to stay within a barista's budget. They should certainly last a long time in a non commercial environment, they're rated for 1300lbs. You can restore it to it's Titanium glory, but those burrs are $300 a set.

This is the Timer version (SC-T), and uses a time delay SSR controlled by a POT and activated by separate button, so the timer retains its setting from dose to dose.

The hopper is rather huge, but as you can see in the background of the photo, it can be cut down nicely to a more home friendly size.

There is no fan.

I'd really like to get this out of here, so I'm hoping for a local sale at $500.

Price: $500
Shipping: local pickup for the time being

russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com