Similar options beyond Brazen and Technivorm?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Italyhound »

I have had a Brazen for a little over a year and it's beginning to get wonky, to the point where wifey wants it gone. (I have contacted service and will attempt to figure it out, so I don't want to give the idea that they are abandoning me.)

I thought I would get a technivorm, BUT there is no timer option - which is a non-starter in my house. That would have been my next step.

Are there other drip machines that are befitting the likes of HB-ers, that come with a timer option?

I typically brew my own in different devices, and know little about electric brewers.

Thanks for the help.

Nate42

#2: Post by Nate42 »

I have a capresso MT500 as my drip machine, and although I rarely use it any more it is pretty solid as consumer automatic drip goes. It has consistent brew temp, a thermal caraffe, and separate modes for partial pot vs full pot that do a better job of getting full flavor from a smaller batch. Unfortunately many people say its successor the MT600 declined in quality compared to the 500. I only have the 500 so can't vouch for the new model. Maybe you can find the older one on craigslist or ebay?

Sounds like the auto machine is more for your wife and for convenience sake than for you anyway? Why not let her pick out something cheap she likes the looks of, and get a chemex for yourself? :)

Richard

#3: Post by Richard »

Italyhound wrote:I thought I would get a technivorm, BUT there is no timer option . . .
The Technivorm is a purely analog device that can be operated with any external timer of adequate capacity.
-- Richard

pacificmanitou

#4: Post by pacificmanitou replying to Richard »

I think the bodum auto drip machine is the same, and its currently available at a steep discount from jc penny if you can find one since they're clearing their stock of bodum.
LMWDP #366

Marshall

#5: Post by Marshall »

If the timer is a critical feature, I assume she likes to leave ground coffee in the machine over night. In that case one of the better pod/capsule machines may be the best way to go. They might even improve her morning cup.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Italyhound (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Italyhound (original poster) »

Behmor is sending me out a replacement. Apparently mine was among the first produced and they said it's time I get it swapped out.

I get a reprieve!

Thanks for the helpful comments.