Replace/supplement my Technivorm?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
fzman

#1: Post by fzman »

Hello All!

I am using the 1.25 litre CDGT(?) thermal carafe cylindrical brewer to make a small pot approx. 24 oz.? weekday mornings before work, and larger 7-8 cup pots on weekends. I sometimes also do pour-over with my Clever brewer to make a week-end afternoon cup of decaf. I roast with a Gene Cafe, and my taste runs toward richer Island coffees, and not at all to high-acid 'tart' flavors. I recently replaced my Baratza Virtuoso grinder with a Forte BG, and I am also ready to up my brewer game, if there is a legit upgrade to the Technivorm.

So, especially for small pot in the morning (I am not going to do pour-over for this- so, do not suggest it), is the Brazen, Chemex Ottomatic, Clive Ratio, Bonavita or something of that ilk going to give me a better cup from a small batch than my Technivorm? Which one, and why? Price is not the main concern, performance is, but I am not going to go as far up as the Cutis Gold, e.g.

Thanks for reading this and for your replies.

Bkultra

#2: Post by Bkultra »

Something to consider is that bonavita just released a 5 cup version of their brewer (bv1500ts). It seems to fit your needs for smaller drip brewer.

http://bonavitaworld.com/products/new-5 ... mal-carafe

Boldjava

#3: Post by Boldjava »

We use a TV at the shop and we gifted my daughter a Bonavita system. I would be hard pressed to tell you the difference if I blind cupped them. Both excellent units.
-----
LMWDP #339