Press-asaurs 50 oz (1.5 liter) monster Press

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
turtle

#1: Post by turtle »

The wife came back from goodwill and told me she found me some coffee "stuff" GREAT!!! I will say my heart sank when she went on to say that it was "another French Press". I could not believe it when she pulled this 1.5 liter silver plated monster out of the bag.

The only markings are on the glass where it says heat treated, then something smudged followed by made in W Germany.

I would like to "try" and find another screen but so far not much luck finding a 4 1/2" (11.5 mm) press screen.

Anyone recognize the monogram on the glass?

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Bet you can make the Bodum 12 cup fit, 4.56 inches.

http://www.espressozone.com/bodum-frenc ... ter-screen
-----
LMWDP #339

DouloScott

#3: Post by DouloScott »

Here is a screen for your French Press (http://bodum.bodum.com/us/en-us/shop/de ... 12-16-612/ )

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

It's an older Bodum Chambord made before they went to the plastic knob on top. I have the newer version & the screen measures 4.5".
LMWDP 267

turtle (original poster)

#5: Post by turtle (original poster) »

It walks like a Bodum, it even quacks like a Bodum (all parts are the same size as the current 12 cup Bodum Chambord press).

It does not say Bodum anywhere on the frame nor on the glass.

It is silver plated brass (cap and frame)

It does have a heavy duty plated brass shaft bushing in the cap that is nice (and should last a LONG time). The shaft bushing is typical Bodum but the newer presses are plastic not metal.

The base is soldered together which I have not seen on another Bodum press, though I am sure this is a Bodum Chambord of some sort because of all the other similarities (design and size)

Shaft bushing

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

Eastsideloco

#6: Post by Eastsideloco »

That's a great find. Impressive construction details. Glad it went to a good home.