NotNeutral Gino Dripper Recipes

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Fluffeepuff

#1: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Hey ya'll - recently got the Gino and Brewista digital kettle and am wondering coffee lovers are brewing with this device. I've googled/youtubed several times, but I'm hoping for some additional input.

I'm using a Lido 3, set to 8 and use 20g of coffee aiming for a total weight of 300g of water. 30-40g water bloom for 30 secs. At 202F with the Ethiopian Guji I am brewing. Several vids I've seen indicate you should not let the brewer drain completely and leave some water in the cone which I think is fascinating. Acaia pearl should be here this weekend which will definitely increase my consistency.

One thing I notice is that most brew with Kalita 185 filters on their Gino instead of the NotNeutral filters... I recall someone saying the Gino filters drain substantially slower than the Kalita's. I'll likely get some 185 filters after I run through the batch of stock filters I got with the brewer. I've searched HB forums but only found a couple recipes out there from a while ago - it seems the Gino has proliferated quite a bit in the last couple years.

Recipes, anyone? :mrgreen:

dancanroast

#2: Post by dancanroast »

I actually do like the filters that come with it. My recipe is usually:
25g in 400 grams out @ 201 F, Grind size a tad finer than sea salt
35 second bloom time.
I try to get all my water in the gino before 2:00
Aiming for a 3:30ish brew time ( will vary with coffee and roast)