New brewing forum dedicated to coffee (not espresso!)

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

Over the last year, a growing number of members have expressed interest in discussions of coffee preparation beyond espresso. Pourover. Vacuum brewing. Presspot. Aeropress. Clever Coffee Dripper. All are welcome! To seed this forum, I will be moving related discussions from the existing forums.
Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Thanks, Dan.

I love espresso, but 70 % of the coffee that I drink is from other preparation methods in many different forms. Thanks for making a place for that here.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

Awesome! I was looking at the header and was thinking, "wait a minute".... I thought it was something buried and dug up when I saw all the threads in it here. Until I checked the dates.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

I'm very happy to see this new forum. Many things converge here: coffees and how they compare as espresso versus other brew methods; home roasting and cupping; grinders such as Orphan Espresso's LIDO; cafes that almost always serve more than espresso; travel and office options. Thanks, Dan!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

SlowRain

#5: Post by SlowRain »

Thanks! :D

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by Peppersass »

If I'm not mistaken, all of these topics are about non-espresso brewing methods. Seems odd for a site that's "Your guide to exceptional espresso".

cafeIKE

#7: Post by cafeIKE »

+10^6 :cry:

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by mitch236 »

While I agree with Dick about this being an espresso site, I don't see any problem with covering other coffee related grounds. Why not create a FAQ section devoted to non-espresso coffee topics? I nominate your entire list!

HB (original poster)
Admin

#9: Post by HB (original poster) »

Merged replies to the forum's FAQs and Favorites...
Peppersass wrote:If I'm not mistaken, all of these topics are about non-espresso brewing methods.
I'm reminded that this year marks the site's 7th anniversary. Over the years, new forums have been created once it was clear sufficient interest existed (e.g., 100+ topics on the subject). That's how, for example, the Levers, Coffees, Home Roasting, Grinders, Buying Advice, and Cafes & Get-togethers came about. While I agree the site's main focus is espresso, the membership's interests have grown over time to allow for some closely-related coffee topics.
Peppersass wrote:Seems odd for a site that's "Your guide to exceptional espresso".
You may want to look again. :)
Dan Kehn

Marshall

#10: Post by Marshall »

Peppersass wrote:If I'm not mistaken, all of these topics are about non-espresso brewing methods. Seems odd for a site that's "Your guide to exceptional espresso".
I said the same thing when the Home Roasting forum was proposed. I have no opinion on this one.
Marshall
Los Angeles