New cold brew system (Kickstarter)

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
nixter

#1: Post by nixter »

I stumbled on this and decided to back it. Looks like a simple and inexpensive alternative to some of the pricier, Rube Goldberg-ish setups out there. No, I'm not involved :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bru ... fee-system

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Looks like a good home sized design. There's a lot of cold brewing ideology to dig thru, it seems to get hashed up once or twice a year as to which methods provide the (subjective)best results. I have a few different cold brewers that get very little use, although I do like the idea of the adjustable needle valve for controlling the drip rates, I doubt I'll need to get another one. Using George Howell's method of hot brewing concentrated extractions over ice still works the best for me.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

kruzilla

#3: Post by kruzilla »

First post here! I actually did pledge to this one. Can't wait to get it. I love adding new gadgets to my coffee collection. Plus, I don't own any slow drip cold brewers:D

SlowRain

#4: Post by SlowRain »

I'd be interested in buying just the tower and using my own glasses and jug--provided it lives up to the hype, of course. It seems to me that many people will already have suitable glasses and jugs at home. Seeing that they already have an option without the mugs--and since the valve and filter are the most important parts of their system--I think they should offer a bare-bones option as well.

Still, all the best to them. It looks like an affordable way to make a really interesting beverage when it's done properly.

dialydose

#5: Post by dialydose »

Haven't tried cold brew coffee yet...for some reason it just doesn't tug at me to try. But I do admire the simplicity of this system. If it is effective, it might deflate a lot of the over the top theater used by some to cold brew coffee. Looking forward to seeing the results.

nixter (original poster)

#6: Post by nixter (original poster) replying to dialydose »

The brew method is identical to any of the Rube Goldberg type setups. This one just approaches the issue with a minimalist design aesthetic.