New Blue Bottle dripper

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
borisblank

#1: Post by borisblank »

https://bluebottlecoffee.com/store/blue ... ee-dripper

Looks an awful lot like a Kalita.

Bamboo-based paper filters "require no prewetting and impart no paper-y aftertaste." Hm.

Nate42

#2: Post by Nate42 »

I just saw that myself. Be very interested to hear from any HBers that have used it in person.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Amazingly, the filters are even more expensive than the Kalita Wave filters. Of course, they are made out of bamboo, but 30 filters for $5 is a bit steep.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

Kalita (wavy top), meet Melitta (one-hole bottom).

The $25 price of the dripper seemed reasonable, but then the filters - whoah, twice the price of V60 filters!

Fellowproducts' new Stagg dripper seems better, albeit even more expensive ($59 for the dripper), and with similar filter prices ($8 for 50 filters).

Both drippers seem to be aimed at reducing/eliminating the need for a pouring pitcher/kettle and associated technique.

Nel drip, anyone? ;-)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

redbone

#5: Post by redbone »

Oh Goodie yet another pour over dripper which requires it's own proprietary filter.

Reminds me of the notNeutrul Gino dripper. http://www.notneutral.com/coffee/gino-c ... ipper.html
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

LukeFlynn

#6: Post by LukeFlynn »

V60 FTW!

CwD

#7: Post by CwD »

Made by Kyuemon for Blue Bottle. I really like my Kyuemon Gamma as far as ceramics quality goes, a lot nicer than my ceramic v60.

Bob_McBob

#8: Post by Bob_McBob »

redbone wrote:Oh Goodie yet another pour over dripper which requires it's own proprietary filter.

Reminds me of the notNeutrul Gino dripper. http://www.notneutral.com/coffee/gino-c ... ipper.html
The Gino is pretty much a Wave clone and takes the same filters. Not sure who makes the notNeutral branded ones.
Chris

maigre

#9: Post by maigre »

In recent days, I had Finca Kilimanjaro and Kenya Embu Gikirima pourovers at two different Blue Bottle cafes. Both were sensationally delicious with clear, defined, luscious flavors and no harshness or off flavors of any sort; not only great coffees, but idyllic extractions. Now I'm wondering if they were brewed with the new dripper or the old Bonmacs they've used for a long time. I'll have to go there later this week and find out.

You'd think they (and especially Stagg) would sell the drippers cheap to rope people into buying the expensive filters repeatedly.

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

maigre wrote:You'd think they (and especially Stagg) would sell the drippers cheap to rope people into buying the expensive filters repeatedly.
I thought $25 was a decent price for a dripper, but $5/month for filters seems a bit steep. If I pay attention, I can get 200 #2 or #4 filters at Ralphs between $5 and $8.

Ira