Mazzer Mini grind setting for drip coffee

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
kamali

#1: Post by kamali »

I have a mazzer mini and I'm invited over for new years day and they requested me to bring my coffee. As they only have drip coffee I wanted to grind my beans (CC handlebar). Can someone advise approximate notches or numbers down from my normal espresso setting to a decent drip setting on a mazzer mini?

Also any suggestion on coffee ratio (grams) to number of cups for drip coffee?

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

All machines will read a little differently. I would suggest adjusting to a coarse table sugar. I will try and grab a shot from the internet.

I use 60 grams of grounds to a finished liter of coffee.
-----
LMWDP #339

Advertisement
Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee »

My rule of thumb 8g per 5oz water, adjust to taste. Also suggest Hbar brewing well above 200f, 205f ish. If they only have an auto-drip oh well! OR bring an array of Clever Drippers or whatever! Clever comes to mind cuz just finished dialing in Debi's new brew routine for work - gave her a Clever with Filtropa filters to simplify her at work brewing versus press pot's clean up. FWIW dialed in full Clever with Filtropa bleached paper filters 28g, 1:30 infusion before draw down. Initially filling about 2/3 then waiting 15sec stirring bloom down and finish filling and cover... FWIW I was grinding on +27 (from zero) with decade+ old Rocky (on 10th or so set of burrs). Don't have a dedicated "brew" grinder at home since I only brew espresso. Debi still uses Rocky when I'm not around to pull her cup, she's afraid of the Major. :lol:
Mike McGinness

another_jim
Team HB

#4: Post by another_jim »

kamali wrote:I have a mazzer mini and I'm invited over for new years day and they requested me to bring my coffee. As they only have drip coffee I wanted to grind my beans (CC handlebar). Can someone advise approximate notches or numbers down from my normal espresso setting to a decent drip setting on a mazzer mini?

Also any suggestion on coffee ratio (grams) to number of cups for drip coffee?
It's a half turn from espresso to French Press; so try quarter turn and go from there
Jim Schulman

kamali (original poster)

#5: Post by kamali (original poster) replying to another_jim »

Thanks Jim. So I assume Grind on drip is finer than for French press.

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

See Fine tuning grinder setting with minimum waste for further clarification.
Dan Kehn

kamali (original poster)

#7: Post by kamali (original poster) »

appreciate everyones help. hopefully I won't have to make drip coffee again.

Advertisement
damonbowe

#8: Post by damonbowe »

The baristas at my local shops just slam the collar to biggest size.

another_jim
Team HB

#9: Post by another_jim »

damonbowe wrote: ... biggest size.
Whole bean? :P
Jim Schulman