Kettle "flow restrictor": where to buy/mods - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Riceman42 (original poster)

#21: Post by Riceman42 (original poster) »

Good news: (As previously mentioned, the restrictor that I purchased through espressoparts.com was too big and did not fit in my bonavita variable temp kettle.) However, this past week I purchased a different restrictor from espressosupply.com (https://www.espressosupply.com/catalog/ ... restrictor). It is made of silicone and I was able to fit it into the base of my kettle spout. It works like a charm. It is very inexpensive and you can also recommend to have it shipped via regular USPS mail to save you $ on shipping. :wink:

johnny4lsu

#22: Post by johnny4lsu »

Order placed...thanks

Jaxx2112

#23: Post by Jaxx2112 »

Riceman42 wrote:Good news: (As previously mentioned, the restrictor that I purchased through espressoparts.com was too big and did not fit in my bonavita variable temp kettle.) However, this past week I purchased a different restrictor from espressosupply.com (https://www.espressosupply.com/catalog/ ... restrictor). It is made of silicone and I was able to fit it into the base of my kettle spout. It works like a charm. It is very inexpensive and you can also recommend to have it shipped via regular USPS mail to save you $ on shipping. :wink:
Great news considering I just placed an order with them and should arrive my restrictors today! Sadly, i wasn't intelligent enough to think to ask for USPS mail! So i just padded my order with some cupping bowls, since i have a limited quantity of coffee mugs to cup in.

johnny4lsu

#24: Post by johnny4lsu »

I mentioned in the comments about usps.. We shall see if they credit me some of the shipping

Jaxx2112

#25: Post by Jaxx2112 »

Might be a good idea to call /w your order number. Easier to say no to an invoice comment than a grown man crying over the phone.

jesse

#26: Post by jesse »

For those of you who purchased Bonivita flow restrictors from espressoparts.com:

How long did it take them to process and ship your order? I placed mine last Friday, noticed today it's still "processing", emailed them about it early this morning and haven't heard back yet..

[creative nickname]

#27: Post by [creative nickname] replying to jesse »

As I recall, it was a bit slow. I think it took about two weeks from placing the order to receiving the flow restrictors in the mail.
LMWDP #435

jesse

#28: Post by jesse »

^ Good hell! Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Jaxx2112

#29: Post by Jaxx2112 »

jesse wrote:For those of you who purchased Bonivita flow restrictors from espressoparts.com:

How long did it take them to process and ship your order? I placed mine last Friday, noticed today it's still "processing", emailed them about it early this morning and haven't heard back yet..
I originally ordered from them on 01OCT, and they shipped out the same day. However, it turns out there was a shipping error and i received some inlet/outlet converters or whoseitwhatsits instead of the vibe pump filter (Part # W_378)... Called them up, found out they weren't able to get anymore and they promptly refunded me a week later. Can't really complain, as it was only $12 bucks sitting around for a couple of weeks. I'd be patient, but they're really great when you do get a hold of them over the phone.

jesse

#30: Post by jesse »

I was mistaken. Actually ordered from Espresso Supply. Either way, they still haven't returned my email...