Invergo (Kickstarter) - Page 8

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
cuppajoe

#71: Post by cuppajoe »

Liked the Three Card Monty reference, sums a lot of things up nicely. I witnessed a classic moment on my one trip to NYC. Spotter runs around the corner yelling just as the cops are cruising behind, everything on the box, including the sucker's money, was scooped up and dumped in it, they run off. Crowd wondered why the cops weren't all that interested in chasing after them.

Steve Miller comes to mind.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

invergo

#72: Post by invergo »

Hi, Its Cameron from Invergo. Sorry for the vagueness of the "wink wink" comment I am just unsure of what I can disclose until we close our funding round at the end of the month. I am also sorry if anyone feels hoodwinked that was never my intention just my naivety. The past few months have been a great learning experience and as we are moving into manufacture progress is going much better. We are at SCAA booth 22036 if anyone wants to stop by I will make you a cup of coffee. The response from attendees has been great so far and we have generated a lot of interest from wholesalers as well as retailers.

SpromoSapiens (original poster)

#73: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) replying to invergo »

Hi Cameron! Welcome aboard! I'll save the mods a breath and advise that you remain careful not to run afoul of this site's rules on Vendor participation in the forums. I think your first comment was fine -- I'm just sayin', the mods here are quite vigilant, and with good reason.

That said -- We appreciate the good news, and can't wait for more! I hope you don't mind my reporting back to the HB community things that are made public only to backers. Transparency is the name of the game, after all. Speaking of which -- great as it is to have caught your attention and inspired your participation here, I humbly must urge you to dedicate more energy to providing updates to backers. Even little baby steps along the way, reported in late-night tweet-size posts, will be chomped up voraciously by info-hungry backers that just want to know you're still thinking of them and working hard on the machine.

But as long as you're here... :mrgreen: Any chance you've got a revised timeline for delivery that you might want to share? Is there a working prototype with you at SCAA?

HB
Admin

#74: Post by HB »

SpromoSapiens wrote:But as long as you're here... :mrgreen: Any chance you've got a revised timeline for delivery that you might want to share? Is there a working prototype with you at SCAA?
It's best that you take this question to Kickstarter. Too many times perfectly innocent vendor-to-member conversations in the forums turn to soft sales pitches, especially when the vendor is not a long-time member of the site. Cameron, please read the Vendor participation in the forums carefully:
Guidelines for productive online discussion wrote:Forum members who have a financial interest in the topic in question should exercise caution before posting. For example, if you or the company you work for sells the product/service being discussed in a thread, you are welcome to correct factual errors, but should avoid posting opinions, product/service offerings, or critiques of competitive products.
Sorry Cameron, updates on your production status and invitations to check out your products at the SCAA clearly don't fall in the area of "correcting factual errors".
Dan Kehn

#75: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

Dang it! I ran afoul of the rules! That's embarrassing. :oops: sorry CH, I should have read them myself. Anyhoo, good luck out there. There's a handful of HB'ers in the SCAA crowd so hopefully we will get a report. Otherwise i'll keep hitting "refresh" on the KS screen for that pending update.

#76: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

So... Cameron's update "tomorrow" turned into 3 days, but he was about to start his SCAA presence when he said that, so it's not exactly a surprise that he didn't find the time. Anyway, he posted an update today, and it said -- well, pretty much nothing. No mention of funds, production schedule, or delivery. Just a little note that said "SCAA was great!" plus a pic of the booth, a pic of the ceramics on a messy desk somewhere, and a sideways phone video of the PCB. It puzzles me that he can design a PCB and so much else, but can't figure out how to hold his phone to shoot a video? And no video of the working prototype actually making coffee at, before, or after SCAA?

Some dissatisfied backers got feisty in the KS comment section. He replied that he would at some point post the production schedule. He also flat-out said: "We will be shipping in October."

So, there ya have it. Cameron, the PCB looks great and all, but your PR could use a bit of sprucing up.

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#77: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

The project that ended my enchantment with Kickstarter, the "Invergo" brewer, has risen from the ashes! :shock:

I'm not linking to it directly here. It's easy to find though if you go there and search.

I was absolutely floored to read that Cameron has already relisted on Indiegogo and has fully funded! Fully funded to a new set of backers on a separate crowd funding platform, after never delivering a single Invergo to a a Kickstarter backer.

How does this make sense? For full disclosure, I was one of the beta edition backers on Kickstarter.

Pledge Summary

Amount pledged: $225.00 USD
Project: Invergo | The First Automated Pour Over Coffee System by Cameron Hughes
Reward: Invergo | Beta Edition with Ceramic Set : experience the easiest way to brew the best coffee and be the first to do so. You will become part of the team we will listen to your feedback and concerns. You will have the option to swap out your machine for a final production unit.
Estimated delivery: Nov 2014
Shipping: Outside the US

Over two years since I so excitedly jumped on the chance to get to beta test and give feedback, and never having any direct contact or update on the product, I wonder if all the Indiegogo backers knew the whole story when they contributed.

I know all these crowdfunding projects are a total crap shoot, but I really was excited for this product. In the end it was a $225 lesson learned.
LMWDP #371

chrisbodnarphoto

#78: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

It sounds like they're addressed the Indiegogo campaign and the reason for it on their Kickstarted page - might be worth checking out if you haven't already! Looks like they're were at SCAA this year, too, so that's a good sign.

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#79: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

He addressed the Indiegogo campaign on Kickstarter, but did not disclose the Incomplete Kickstarter campaign on Indiegogo. Do the Indigogo backers know there is huge order backlog to fulfill before they will get a device? Just seems that should have been disclosed.

Honestly, for me as a Kickstarter backer it is fine, if the Indigogo money gets me my machine I won't mind. But, after two years of sporadic updates and delays, I'm not very confident.

Yes, they have been running the device around trade shows for a while, but how much is all that marketing costing. Maybe it has secured some commercial interest or funding?

My main issue is really just the lack of transparency and disclosure in the Indiegogo listing.
LMWDP #371

chrisbodnarphoto

#80: Post by chrisbodnarphoto replying to Bak Ta Lo »

Totally agree on all accounts! It seems like coffee devices are especially prone to flakey kick starters.