Invergo (Kickstarter) - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
SpromoSapiens (original poster)

#21: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

Hey, no problem, Eric. Toss me a pound of your blend and we'll call it even! :mrgreen:

achipman

#22: Post by achipman »

Dang... looks like I'm buying another coffee thing. :twisted:

Is the MSRP listed on the Kickstarter page? I couldn't find it.
"Another coffee thing??? I can't keep up with you... next you'll be growing coffee in our back yard." - My wife

Advertisement

#23: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

There's a website set up for the invergo, if you google it it will be right up by the top, looks like it predated the Kickstarter. MSRP is listed there.

Bob_McBob

#24: Post by Bob_McBob replying to SpromoSapiens »

It was actually already on Kickstarter last year, though I think the web site has been updated since then.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... fee-system
Chris

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

I am on board with this Kickstarter, even went all in for the early release support. I have been away from HB for a long while so did not realize that it was not posted here earlier, I also just assumed everyone knew.

I am looking forward to this device for a couple of reasons, I like slow brew coffee, but I have never been able to get myself interested in the nuances of master kettle manipulation. And, the price is really fair even if it is just an electric PID kettle and pour over stand, it is the same price or cheaper than those tools by themselves.

I also saw it and knew it would be fun to try and test while reporting in here to HB comparing notes with everyone, as my own welcome back to having time to post on HB again! :D
LMWDP #371

jbviau
Supporter ★

#26: Post by jbviau »

^^^ Welcome back! I was wondering when you'd pop in.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Thanks! I am really happy to have time to catch up here at HB. I have been lurking from time to to time, but the cafe I was helping to get running for the last year and a half took all my time. I recently stepped away from daily operations there, and I am back at my desk job. I miss unlimited shots all day long, but it is great to lift up my head and see what I have missed in the coffee world these past months.

I also just got my new ES3 I need to get up and running to make some posts about soon.

Really ready to get this Invergo as well, I am going to use mine as an automatic morning Chemex machine. Fingers crossed that it gets built!
LMWDP #371

Advertisement

#28: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

TomC wrote:a ULKA pump
Hmm... Does this mean definitely vibratory? I now wonder if it might be kinda loud. Perhaps for this lower-pressure application, a lighter-weight, smaller, quieter pump does the trick, compared to an espresso machine pump? Does any other drip-type machine use an ULKA pump? Just speculating.

fu11c17y

#29: Post by fu11c17y »

Bob_McBob wrote:It was actually already on Kickstarter last year, though I think the web site has been updated since then.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... fee-system
Have you guys noticed the pour pattern is different on this old version?
Looks like he revamped the system a bit on the new version. I like it!
Hopefully, yet the next version it will allow programmable pour radius...

#30: Post by SpromoSapiens (original poster) »

To anyone curious, a notable update was posted. In short, the invergo peeps got access to their funding, sorted out some legal stuff, made master molds for the ceramics, and decided on what ULKA pump to use.

"We ultimately choose the ULKA NME 1C, a new offering from the company. It is extremely quiet with a volume of only 44dB and a has a flow rate of 270cc/min."

No mention of revision of ship date so far.