Eva Solo breakage

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
PeterS

#1: Post by PeterS »

Have any of you also experince glass breakage on the EvaSolo when you pure hot water into it? I got a mild scalding caused by glass breakage of the EvaSolo. It looks good but that is not just enough :(

SimonPatrice

#2: Post by SimonPatrice »

I've used my Eva Solo for over a year now and never had a problem. Had the carafe been bumped before or anything? Was the neoprene jacket on? Maybe you could contact Eva Solo about it. If you do and they answer, I'd be interested to hear what they have to say.
Patrice
LMWDP #428

jbviau
Supporter ★

#3: Post by jbviau »

Nope, first I've heard of this, and I've certainly never experienced it. What's their warranty coverage like? I see you're located close to the Eva Solo mother ship--well, closer than I am!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

DavidMLewis

#4: Post by DavidMLewis »

No, my experience of three years or so was that only hitting the floor would break the carafe. There must have been a manufacturing flaw, and it sounds like it should be something they would warranty.

Best,
David

SimonPatrice

#5: Post by SimonPatrice »

Now, why did you have to talk about Eva Solo breakage!!!!! My wife bumped my Lido tonight, it tipped and and lightly hit the Eva Solo. Yes, the carafe broke. I knew, I had too much stuff crowded on that counter corner, grrrrrr.... Well, I'll be looking for a new carafe now. If I'm lucky enough, maybe my local cafe will be able to sell me one.
Patrice
LMWDP #428

jbviau
Supporter ★

#6: Post by jbviau »

Ouch! Sorry to hear it. Here's another parts source: http://www.unicahome.com/catalog/item.a ... tnerID=SLI
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias