ESPRO Seconds - a few available - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
DouloScott

#11: Post by DouloScott »

Yeah, living just outside of Seattle is a benefit for me as it only had to make it from Vancouver, BC. It only had to travel about 150 miles total.

My first batch of Verve Ethiopia Layo Teraga was delicious.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing »

Eastsideloco wrote:The good news is that you don't have to worry about the product never making it to market, like some of the other coffee-themed Kickstarter campaigns! You mug is probably weeks away from your door, which is a lot sooner than having to wait until Neveruary. :wink:
A project/company with experience/previous successful track record, reasonable expectations/promises, and reasonable price. With all those in place, it was an easy decision to back. They will probably even ship on time!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Advertisement
Bikeminded (original poster)

#13: Post by Bikeminded (original poster) »

My medium showed up today. I spent prob 5 minutes looking over it from tip to toe. Can't figure why it was a '2nd'....perfect condition.

Eastsideloco

#14: Post by Eastsideloco »

That's encouraging. Mine must be getting close. I hope it is in similar condition.

canuckcoffeeguy

#15: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

My small showed up yesterday. Looks perfect to me. No obvious blemishes. Going to brew it up today at work.

Run2Joe

#16: Post by Run2Joe »

My small arrived yesterday, too.
I will try it later today and see if I get that Espro glow.

Run2Joe

#17: Post by Run2Joe »

Tried my small a while ago. Excellent cup of coffee, low sediment. Double-wall pitcher works very well.
The only 'blemish' I can see with it is a very slight inconsistency in the polishing of the outside.
I'm very pleased.

Advertisement
Eastsideloco

#18: Post by Eastsideloco »

Wow. Espro has very high quality control standards. I suspect my Medium Espro Press was deemed a second because of some maker's marks where the handle meets the body. But those marks seem inconsequential to me. In other words, I don't see anything that is obviously wrong with the product they shipped me.

Sediment-free is a relative term. Compared to the paper-filtered immersion brewing I've been doing (http://www.coffeebos.com/paper-filtered ... n-brewing/), there is some sediment at the bottom of a cup brewed using the Espro press. But there is less sediment as compared to a normal press pot, which is a good thing.

Best of all, I like the double-walled stainless steel construction. I was a little dubious that my second cup would taste as good as the first. But the second cup is not only nice and warm, but it also isn't noticeably more bitter than the first cup. So the plunger obviously does a nice job of stopping the extraction.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#19: Post by baldheadracing »

FYI, some people cut a paper filter to fit in between the two filters for fuller filtration. Espro themselves are offering paper filters for their upcoming travel press.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada