Diguo stainless steel vacpot filter

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
EvanOz85

#1: Post by EvanOz85 »

http://www.amazon.com/Diguo-Permanent-C ... B00MNH14Q2

Hey guys, I just recently started using this permanent filter with my Bodum and Yama siphons and it has quickly become my favorite. It filters to the same degree or more than cloth filters and the cleanup is so much easier. It's basically a ceramic disk, covered at the top with SS mesh and encased in a silicone ring. I own glass rods, the Bodum Santos plastic filter, other SS mesh filters, and cloth, and this hands down wins for ease of cleaning and cleanliness in the cup. Check it out!

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

First time I have seen it. Thx for sharing it. Be interesting to see if it would help those who struggle with stalls.
-----
LMWDP #339

Advertisement
frank828

#3: Post by frank828 »

can you describe the process of cleaning and storing it? also, the listing mentions that there's more body to the cup. Does this translate to less clarity in flavors?

what would you say is the benefit or disadvantage(if any) of this over a standard cloth filter?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

Looks like an E61 group screen with a ceramic insert. I've tried 2 stainless filters so far; the screen that goes into the paper filter assy. & the Hario factory filter, neither filters out the fine sludge that makes the final sip "chewy". The Hario stainless filter also uses a rubber gasket so the issue seems to be finding a mesh fine enough to trap the sludge without clogging.

If this filter works as well as the cloth filters there would be no fine sludge sitting in the bottom of your cup??? The cloth filters also let the oils pass through, it's the paper filters that trap them. Can you easily lift out the ceramic insert after removing the rubber gasket?
LMWDP 267

EvanOz85 (original poster)

#5: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) »

The entire thing disassembles easily with the turn of the screw a the bottom, and rubbing with a soapy sponge removed the oils and fines very easily.
JohnB. wrote: If this filter works as well as the cloth filters there would be no fine sludge sitting in the bottom of your cup???
Correct. I have also used stainless filters in the past and I found them to be sludgy as well. The cups I have brewed with the Diguo have been indistinguishable from (clean) cloth filtered coffee. No mud whatsoever. I could be wrong, but I believe the SS mesh used on this is quite a bit finer than the ones used on E61s.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JohnB. »

If you don't mind waiting for it to arrive from China you can get them on Ebay in brown or white for about $20 shipped.
LMWDP 267

EvanOz85 (original poster)

#7: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

Got mine from Amazon with Prime, 2-day shipping for $23.88.

Advertisement
sweaner

#8: Post by sweaner »

The company has many other nice looking products!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh= ... 1436036975
Scott
LMWDP #248

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

Very interesting, appears to be the same company that was making the Enflavor Diguo F-1889 electric siphon coffee maker that disappeared from the market a few years ago. Looking at the Amazon listing for Diguo, it looks like they're selling lots of clones, Chemex, Belgian balance brewers, grinders, etc.

It also reminds me of all the other old vacuum pot coffee filters like the Kent automatic timer ceramic coffee filter that used to be around, lots of different ways to filter coffee, this one looks promising but I'm pretty happy with glass rods, they're pretty simple and easy to clean.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Andy

#10: Post by Andy »

What is the outside diameter? I'm wondering whether it would fit in my old Silex siphon.