Breville Oracle no extraction pressure, overheats

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Holly123

#1: Post by Holly123 »

Hi everyone have had a Breville Oracle for about 2 years and it has been great until today. It all of a sudden lost pressure when extracting and no matter what I do I can fix it fine grind to the max 1 and highest tamp get zero results no matter what I do it always comes out runny and seems no pressure is building up during extraction... any suggestions would be great.
Cheers.

Holly123 (original poster)

#2: Post by Holly123 (original poster) »

Our Breville Oracle is also getting very hot... do the two things this and the poor quality extraction shot go together...need help please. :shock: :shock:

new2espresso

#3: Post by new2espresso »

Have you called their espresso help phone number? They are super helpful!
Kind regards,
Karan

#4: Post by Holly123 (original poster) »

No but we will need to, we got it back to extracting normal but it only lasted a few shots. We had to do a pressure release as if we were going to transport the machine, we are going to descale tonight and then see after that. If all else fails we will then call up the help line.

Mrboots2u

#5: Post by Mrboots2u replying to Holly123 »

Have you followed the cleaning advice in the manual

#6: Post by Holly123 (original poster) »

Yes we are going to descale this evening... I hope it fixes it.

Mrboots2u

#7: Post by Mrboots2u replying to Holly123 »

Ok , but prior to this have you followed the cleaning regime laid out in the manual

#8: Post by Holly123 (original poster) »

No...but we just did it and got very little gunk out of the machine... we really look after it all the time.

Mrboots2u

#9: Post by Mrboots2u replying to Holly123 »

I would suggest going back to the manual , and following the cleaning regime with the tools and the regularity it asks of you .. it will protect your machine

chrisbodnarphoto

#10: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I don't own the Oracle, but I do own the Barista Express. I've found that in the 4 years or so that I've owned it, I've never had to descale and have never had a major issue.

I think following the guidelines with these machines is key. Use the filters they recommend/manufacture and change them when they recommend. Back flush with the cleaning capsule at least as often as the machine asks you to. Clean the shower screens and all the parts that touch coffee - that you can reach, of course - at least every couple months.

You could just have a hardware issue with your Oracle, but do follow and use the recommended cleaning cycles. :)