Bonavita's new porcelain Clever dripper-style brewer

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Bob_McBob

#1: Post by Bob_McBob »

Here's an SCG video of an upcoming Bonavita brewer similar to the CCD. The body is made of porcelain like other ceramic pourover cones, but I assume the lid and valve system are plastic. The toggle for the valve is a neat idea. I'd certainly be interested in trying one of these once they are available.
Chris

Marshall

#2: Post by Marshall »

Bonavita continues to come up with outstanding consumer products. As a happy Clever Dripper user, my thoughts are:

PRO: Porcelain better than plastic for cleaning and preventing flavor absorption (although I haven't noticed a problem with my Clever).

CON: With all that thermal mass, serious pre-heating will be required, especially in the colder months.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Advertisement
rlevine

#3: Post by rlevine »

Very neat. While I agree that the plastic of the CCD hasn't created many problems for me thus far, I'm glad to see a porcelain variant. Any ideas on when it will hit market?

-Randy

meshback

#4: Post by meshback »

Late October, early November 2012.

farmroast

#5: Post by farmroast »

Saw it at MANE coffee conference this weekend. Looks good.
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

rlevine

#6: Post by rlevine »

Thanks Alan. I probably should have just watched the video with the sound on and heard all the info I needed.

-Randy

ex trahere

#7: Post by ex trahere »

meshback wrote:Late October, early November 2012.
Anyone know if these are available yet?
A posse ad esse

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

The last update that I had on this was from the day after Christmas that these were still in the warehouse.

I've heard reports that Bonavita has recently done some streamlining of it's US operations, I'm not sure how this will affect the release of the new products that were announced last year. You can read more on this on Mark Prince's Google+ post here.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

farmroast

#9: Post by farmroast »

Got this info in an email today:
We are Espresso Supply, the brand new global distributor for Bonavita (as of January 1st).

The porcelain dripper should be available by the end of the month on our website: www.espressosupply.com
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"