Bonavita PID Kettle - 1st Look - Page 4

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
EricBNC (original poster)

#31: Post by EricBNC (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:It says "beginning of September" on Prima's site now :(

I haven't heard anything more from Clive Coffee about my kettle order. Their site still says mid-August.
I hope it is sooner rather than later - I am considering purchasing the 1.7 liter fast pour kettle (provided it is available separately) for those 8 cup Espro Press full pot days.
LMWDP #378
Author of "The Bell Curve: Instructions for Proper Herd Mentality"

Bob_McBob

#32: Post by Bob_McBob »

I just got a new order status update from Clive Coffee. They are now estimating the kettles will ship on September 15. Very frustrating.
Chris

meshback

#33: Post by meshback »

I just got a notice from Prima that mine shipped today!

Bob_McBob

#34: Post by Bob_McBob »

My Clive Coffee order status still says mid September :(
Chris

EricBNC (original poster)

#35: Post by EricBNC (original poster) »

Roastmasters shows this kettle now and says it is in stock and shipping:

http://www.roastmasters.com/bonavita-variable.html

I still use mine as my main hot water source for coffee and tea.
LMWDP #378
Author of "The Bell Curve: Instructions for Proper Herd Mentality"

Bob_McBob

#36: Post by Bob_McBob »

Availability update of September 27 at Clive Coffee now.
Chris

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by Italyhound »

I have had mine for a bout a week and like it a whole lot. It heats water really quickly.

da gino

#38: Post by da gino »

My sister gave me one as a present and I got it about a week ago, too. I love it. The digital temp control is wonderful. I confess I had never poured from a gooseneck before and like it, but don't find that jump relative to pouring from a good steaming pitcher as big as being able to easily dial in my temperature and hold it as I wish.

All in all if this holds up (and I don't have a reason to think it won't) this will rank as a big winner in my book.

rlevine

#39: Post by rlevine »

Has anyone tried to use or create a flow restrictor for the PID'd Bonavita? The restrictor that's available from most retailers (Barismo, Espressoparts) fits perfectly in the Hario kettle, and can be fit into the Bonavita stovetop kettle, but it doesn't fit at all in the PID's electric.

RAS

#40: Post by RAS »

A flow restrictor would be a great add on - for all of the Bonavita kettles. I have the basic non temp-control version, and love it for Chemex and other pour-over methods, but getting a trickle flow is a bit tough. I typically just pour in short pulses, with each pulse of water being as slow as is practical. Hmm, wonder about a DIY solution just short of pinching down the spout... though that may work too (while wrecking the aesthetics of the kettle).
Bob