Beehouse dripper

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
unix04

#1: Post by unix04 »

Hello HB community! I've been looking at the Beehouse dripper recently. The thought of sharing the same melitta filter that I use in the Clever with the Beehouse gave me the idea of adding another way to brew. However, it also made me think exactly what type of brew I will be getting from the Beehouse. If I use the same filter (Melitta #4 whites), am I going to get the same profile as the Clever?

Eastsideloco

#2: Post by Eastsideloco »

If you use the CCD with the full immersion phase, you're obviously going to get a very different cup than you will with the Beehouse dripper. But if you use the CCD as a pourover brewer, with the stopper open from the start, it might produce a similar cup to the Beehouse, especially if you are using the same filters with both brewer.

You might want to look at a flat-bottomed brewer like the kalita wave. Or a more conventional immersion brewer (press pot, espro press, cafe solo). Those would definitely produce a different profile.

Advertisement
unix04 (original poster)

#3: Post by unix04 (original poster) »

Curious as to what the differences would be between beehouse (pour over) vs CCD (immersion) using the same filter?

oktyone

#4: Post by oktyone »

You can use the CCD as a pour-over dripper if you sit it on top of a cup, carafe, or whatever right before brewing (opening the valve), it will act as a normal pour over dripper.

Eastsideloco

#5: Post by Eastsideloco »

unix04 wrote:Curious as to what the differences would be between beehouse (pour over) vs CCD (immersion) using the same filter?
You can approximate this at home by brewing back to back cups and tasting them side by side. Follow your normal CCD recipe for one cup. Prepare the second cup using the CCD as a pourover brewer.

unix04 (original poster)

#6: Post by unix04 (original poster) »

Just bought a kalita wave. First batch was 22g/360g, 3:10 brew time. Came out surprisingly sweet! I'd say sweeter than my typical clever brews. It got sweeter and juicer as it cooled as well. Good call :D