THE BARISIEUR: Coffee Alarm Clock

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
damonbowe

#1: Post by damonbowe »

There is so much cool, so much ridiculousness...and did I mention so much coolness here. It's not a new concept, but what a neat way to reinvent morning coffee:

U.K.-based industrial designer Josh Renouf has come up with what just might be the king of alarm clocks. His "Barisieur" alarm clock -turned-coffee-machine will automatically brew a cup of coffee right when you wake up, easing you through your morning with the smell of fresh coffee.

http://www.boredpanda.com/alarm-clock-c ... sh-renouf/

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

This thing has been blowing up on social media for the last 2 days. It's a neat design, except that I don't know if I can sleep with the aroma of freshly ground coffee right next to me.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Intrepid510

#3: Post by Intrepid510 »

It's pretty cool looking, but obviously not something very pratical.

Forget the smell just think of the mess!

SAS
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by SAS »

The Barisieur is an alarm clock and coffee brewer. It eases the user into the day with the subtle movement of stainless steel ball-bearings that boil the water through induction heating, accompanied by the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It encourages a ritual before going to sleep, signalling to the body and mind that it is time to unwind and relax. Living slow even when times are fast.

See all the pictures here: http://www.joshrenoufdesign.com/new-gallery-5/

...merged topic to thread on same subject by moderator...
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.

Eastsideloco

#5: Post by Eastsideloco »

Impressive industrial design project. If it incorporated a grinder, it could wake you up to the dulcet tones of of gnashing burrs and smashed beans. (And the coffee would be fresh.) :wink:

DanoM

#6: Post by DanoM »

Looks like the snooze button would be a messy thing to hit when you're sleepy! :?
LMWDP #445

jpender

#7: Post by jpender »

It's a fun idea, but glass and hot water right next to the bed? I wouldn't.
And the temperature profile would be moka-like in that it would start cold and ramp up.

Maybe if they incorporated a laser?

Randy G.

#8: Post by Randy G. »

Never work in my house- the puppy would get to it before I could and would be bouncing off the walls before I could clear my eyes and see my slippers. Puppy.. HAH! 5 months old tomorrow and just over 50 pounds!
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by FotonDrv »

jpender wrote:It's a fun idea, but glass and hot water right next to the bed? I wouldn't.
And the temperature profile would be moka-like in that it would start cold and ramp up.

Maybe if they incorporated a laser?
I was thinking about what to hit for a snooze feature :D
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train