Which Quick Mill espresso machine do you recommend? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
IMAWriter

#11: Post by IMAWriter »

Fr. John wrote:I agree in that they certainly wouldn't be a deciding factor unless everything else was equal. However, they are nice, both funtionally and asthetically, the large diameter is pleasing.
I agree...having had the Anita now 2years, I can attest to the fact that even after 20 seconds, the dried milk on the wand requires a hot wet towel to completely remove, whilst your shot..and milk are cooling down....I don't like waiting till after I've enjoyed my drink...kills the fun! :lol:
Unfortunately, Chris said there is no retrofit non-burn steam wand available for the Anita....but Anita is a fine girl, nevertheless.

luca
Team HB

#12: Post by luca »

Compass Coffee wrote:As far as I know those no burn wands are features seldom found on machines other than Quick Mills at any price, commercial or prosumer! Personally I've never had a problem easily wiping a "standard" wand clean after steaming. And personally don't have a problem getting burned by standard wands though I suppose you can, just like you can burn yourself on an E61 group! Not saying they don't have their coolness factor, but see them as a non-issue in really comparing machine features.
I agree; they're nice, but not a necessity. You still have to wipe down your wands, so if you have a cold, damp cloth on hand it's more or less a moot point. I've even heard of people removing the inner lining because it came loose!

The other thing is that if you want to try out different steam tips, you will need an adaptor and then the whole non-stick thing is basically totally nugatory - milk will burn onto the tip.

The rubber grip isn't all that bad.

Cheers,

Luca
LMWDP #034 | 2011: Q Exam, WBrC #3, Aus Cup Tasting #1 | Insta: @lucacoffeenotes

Advertisement
HunkaBurninLove

#13: Post by HunkaBurninLove »

I've had the Anita for about 6 months now and was debating between the Anita and Andreja. I selected the Anita and opted to put the money difference towards a grinder and got a Mazzer Mini.

Both have been working great. The only thing I wish the Anita had were the "no burn" and swivel steam arm. I like the swivel option and range of motion it offers. More than once I've touched the arm and was quickly reminded not to do that again :roll:

CoffeeBeau

#14: Post by CoffeeBeau »

Yes that evil Anita steam arm burn. Not fun. Maybe they should paint it red with demons on it so we mortals will stay away. Good steam though.

Bob

mrgnomer

#15: Post by mrgnomer »

Compass Coffee wrote:As far as I know those no burn wands are features seldom found on machines other than Quick Mills at any price, commercial or prosumer! Personally I've never had a problem easily wiping a "standard" wand clean after steaming. And personally don't have a problem getting burned by standard wands though I suppose you can, just like you can burn yourself on an E61 group! Not saying they don't have their coolness factor, but see them as a non-issue in really comparing machine features.
With the Silvia I had the milk used to get burned onto the steam wand and ouch! it was hot. No burns wands might not be a deciding factor big deal in getting a machine but being able to articulate them while steaming and wiping them clean with a damp cloth without having to soak/steam off baked on milk is one option among many more that makes the Vetrano even easier to use and more pleasing to own.

Oh yeah, the Vetrano's steam and water arms are not only no burn they're also fully articulating :wink: