Where to purchase Espro Press (8 oz) in NYC?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
norschtein

#1: Post by norschtein »

Hi.
Would love to know at which Manhattan coffee places they sell the Espro Press.
Thanks!
Robert

jbviau
Supporter ★

#2: Post by jbviau »

See this?

http://espro.ca/usa/

Is Brooklyn too far? I'd call first just to check that it's in stock.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

norschtein (original poster)

#3: Post by norschtein (original poster) »

Brooklyn may be too far off the road I'm afraid, for it's not myself who would have to invest 2 hours of travelling to grab the press. Thanks for the link, though!
Confident to read about any downtown address soon... :twisted: :wink:

williamsavona

#4: Post by williamsavona »

Even the farthest points of Brooklyn are not 2 hours from Manhattan.

http://www.tobysestate.com/

This place is a 15-20 min subway ride from midtown Manhattan and is the closest you're going to be able to get out of the places listed.

#5: Post by norschtein (original poster) »

Hi William. Okay, okay...... I just cabled my sister about the listed locations to spot the EP. :wink:
Yet I am doubtful about the assumption that less than 2 hours for heading down and back from 86th will do, unless rushing.

williamsavona

#6: Post by williamsavona »

I just so happen to live off the 86th street stop (on the east side that is). It's a common practice to quote travel times from midtown, it wasn't my intention to assume where your sister was coming from. :) Also I was giving the time it would take to get there, not round trip. Even still, I doubt it would take 2 hours round trip as far as train time goes.

More to the point, there are many places in downtown Manhattan that would take you nearly 2 hours to go get to and from if your origin is 86th street. It's a misconception to think that because a destination is in one of other NYC boroughs that it takes longer or is more difficult to get to. Unfortunately I know plenty of Manhattanites who can't seem to grasp this logic. Luckily for them Amazon Prime exists. (They have the Espro Press btw)

For instance if there was a place in the Bronx that sold the Espro that would be much closer than downtown from 86th.

Just saying, don't be hatin' on Brooklyn ;)

#7: Post by norschtein (original poster) »

Nothing wrong with Brooklyn.

I have to blame myself on my first posting for being a constriction to its headline call.

Intentionally I was to visit NYC this march/april but had to skip any plans of travelling. For now, a friend of ours who is currently staying at my sister's place will try to collect an item. I just worried sending him out to Brooklyn could encroach upon his schedules inappropriately.

Speaking for myself Brooklyn was my favorite part of town and whenever visiting again I will rather be disappointed to hike through for LESS than two hours. Actually, Brooklyn is the other urban mesh next to Paris where I loved to walk and walk on. Insignificant, whether the F-train was in service or not. :mrgreen: Enjoyed a lot of walking between Greenpoint and Redhook in fall 2009...

Hooked up with the guys from ThirdRail and Grumpy (and many more), reached out for Intelligentsia's East Coast sales team, enjoyed the first days of Stumptowns's Redhook facility. Took a bunch of 'samples' from all over NYC back to Berlin, which we than had in the hopper at the coffee shop where I used to work.

Every day we had to repaint the folder. :lol:

Great trip!! Thanks NY!

williamsavona

#8: Post by williamsavona »

Wow! Great trip indeed. :)

I just realized that I will be in Williamsburg this weekend to help a friend move into a new apartment. I'd be happy to run over to Toby's and grab an Espro for you and hand it off to your friend uptown if that makes it any easier. Not sure how long they are in town for.

#9: Post by norschtein (original poster) »

Thanks, William, what a very generous offer that is indeed!
Everything should work out just fine as is, though - unless the press is out of stock. :lol:
Will post an update of my first EP brew.
Robert

Nate42

#10: Post by Nate42 »

If you don't find it local, you can always order from Chris coffee. They have free shipping and it should only be 1-2 days to NYC.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/Small_Espro ... spress.htm