Where to buy Kimbo from?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
F1

#1: Post by F1 »

I have no experience with real Italian coffees for espresso. I keep seeing this brand mentioned a lot in the forums as being really good. From the information I have gathered no store carries freshly roasted Kimbo in the states. At the same time I read that this coffee doesn't go stale as fast as most espresso beans roasted on this side of the world. At what point is this Kimbo coffee considered stale? What is a good place in the states to buy it online and not get some very stale beans? Thx in advance.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I've bought all of mine from Espressozone. They offer frequent sales and discounts and they usually carry a lot of the Kimbo line, not just one or two.

http://www.espressozone.com/italian-cof ... mbo-coffee
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

F1 (original poster)

#3: Post by F1 (original poster) »

Awesome thx. Placing an order right now.

OldNuc

#4: Post by OldNuc »

OldNuc

#5: Post by OldNuc »

KIMBO marks roast date and 18 months later a sell by or expiry date. They state the roast to stale time as 24 months.

F1 (original poster)

#6: Post by F1 (original poster) »

From experience at what point is this coffee considered stale if left unopened in the bag?

I also ordered a bag of Lavazza super crema from that espressozone website.

jfrescki

#7: Post by jfrescki »

Any "Super Crema", "Extra Creme", etc is going to have a high Robusta component. Just an FYI.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers

OldNuc

#8: Post by OldNuc »

F1 wrote:From experience at what point is this coffee considered stale if left unopened in the bag?
In the freezer unopened way past the 24 month date but will go stale rapidly if not maintained frozen or small quantities refrigerated. This has been true for all of the various Italian bar coffee I have used. Any of them once opened and then refrigerated for multiple accesses per day in ~500gm batches may be failing before the 500 gm is exhausted at a 80-90gm/day rate. Frozen is much longer and I have never bothered to find out how long longer is. refrigerator or room temperature storage does not show any significant difference in useful life.

F1 (original poster)

#9: Post by F1 (original poster) »

Sounds good. I should have the Kimbo and Lavazza next week. Thx for the info.

HB
Admin

#10: Post by HB »

I've removed almost two pages of snarky comments from this thread. Participants should review the site's Guidelines for productive online discussion; there were at least three guidelines that were ignored. Thanks.
Dan Kehn