What are some top quality grinders for brew coffee? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
boost

#21: Post by boost »

Anybody tried the Mahlkonig GH1?

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/mahlkonig/gh1

Granted it is more of supermarket grinder with stepped adjustment but there seems to be fine enough step at least for brew. Also got 85mm burr thats supposedly fine enough for Turkish so paralellism shouldnt be too bad.

I did try the previous Mahlkonig GSS1 which itself a rebadged Grindmaster 890, and I thought it is very underrated.

Bossman

#22: Post by Bossman replying to boost »

One of our local warehouse clubs uses these for their bulk grinder, IIRC it's Sam's Club. I have used them before and the coffee was quite good considering it wasn't fresh ground. I get the Sam's Club (Members Mark) Colombian Supremo for my grandfather who refuses to use a grinder, so I grind a bag of the whole bean at the store to try to get it as fresh as I can. If you don't want to pay for expensive beans its pretty darn good coffee. When I was cash strapped I drank it a lot, but I always ground right before brewing.

Advertisement
RyanJE

#23: Post by RyanJE »

boost wrote:Anybody tried the Mahlkonig GH1?

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/mahlkonig/gh1

Granted it is more of supermarket grinder with stepped adjustment but there seems to be fine enough step at least for brew. Also got 85mm burr thats supposedly fine enough for Turkish so paralellism shouldnt be too bad.

I did try the previous Mahlkonig GSS1 which itself a rebadged Grindmaster 890, and I thought it is very underrated.
I've been trying to figure out exactly what burrs are in there since it came out. No luck. This is a big difference. If it comes with the 804 burrs theres basically no reason to make a bunzilla.

It has plenty of fine tuning for brewed coffee.

I have the gm890 with ditting burrs, just not sure if their the same.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....