Victoria Arduino

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
barista cadet

#1: Post by barista cadet »

I started looking at this brand after visiting a great coffee shop in NYC called Demarco - they use their professional model and make unbelievable coffee (I think that the trick is not the machine, as pointed out on this forum many times, but the fact that they roast their coffee fresh every morning in Long Island).

I checked the models at the manufacturer's web site and got interested in VENUS FAMILY and maybe THERESIA (the latter being too expensive, where one pays a lot for design). However, I can't find anybody selling them in the US except Nuova Simonelli site (they own VA), and they claim that Venus family is discontinued, and for Theresia they list a $9K price. I have seen both on ex-US sites (UK, Australia, etc.), Venus actually priced quite reasonably ($2k or less), and Theresia still expensive at ~$6.5, but much cheaper than above.

1) Does anybody know where to get these machines in the US at a reasonable price (other than Nuova Simonelli)? Is Venus Family still available?
2) Are these machines any good?

Thx in advance

victoriacoffees

#2: Post by victoriacoffees »

Someone else may be able to answer your quality question with respect to the Venus line but I can tell you the Athena Leva is nicely designed. I've owned one for 7 years with no issues.
John V.

Beenbag

#3: Post by Beenbag »

barista cadet wrote: Demarco - they use their professional model and make unbelievable coffee (I think that the trick is not the machine, as pointed out on this forum many times, but the fact that they roast their coffee fresh every morning in Long Island).
Maybe they do roast every morning,........ but im sure they dont make coffee from the same days roast ! :wink:

barista cadet (original poster)

#4: Post by barista cadet (original poster) »

Of course they don't... But they have a regular shipment when the coffee is ready for brewing, and it is then used within 1-2 days.

Seems Venus Family discontinued and Theresia ridiculously expensive and not really available except from Simonelli for $9k, so I guess I'll have to look for something else with my 2-3K budget...

russel

#5: Post by russel »

How about an Elektra T1?
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com