Used La Spaziale Vivaldi Mini II - Good Deal? Any Known Issues?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
vitomatt

#1: Post by vitomatt »

I can get an 18 month old Vivaldi Mini II, with preinfusion attachment.
Still in warranty, purchased from Chris Coffee.
Excellent condition. 1200.00.
I was looking at Quick Mill Silvano and Breville DB, both new, and this came up.
Im gonna more than likely get it, but any issues i should be aware of? Or questions I should ask of seller?
Thanks!

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I've never used one., but I've always read good things. If its at least 15% cheaper than new ,then I'd consider it a good deal. Can't recommend a vendor any better than CCS. they're as good as it gets.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

BTD1986

#3: Post by BTD1986 »

Make sure there is no leaking at the connection between the water tank and the machine. There are two o rings there that are probably the first thing that will need maintenance on the whole machine, at least in my experience.

Abnuceals

#4: Post by Abnuceals »

Considering that is a K2.1 value when brand new with the pre-infusion; considering it is still covered by a warranty; considering it is a hell of a good espresso machine, I don't see why one would not buy it. And I will tell you something. If it was me, I would probably ask more for mine. And by the way, if you have any opportunity to try the Mini before to pull the trigger, go for it. And if it has not been changed yet, be prepared to change the group gasket.
LMWDP 389

hamish5178

#5: Post by hamish5178 »

+1 to everyone else. If it hasn't been beaten up, that's a steal.

tglodjo

#6: Post by tglodjo »

I just paid $1500 for mine, and it was completely worth the price. About the same age too, purchased from CCS.

You'll definitely want to know how often it was used and what kind of cleaning and maintenance the original owner did. If it's cosmetically good, and everything else checks out, $1200 is a steal for that machine. MUCH better than the Silvano or BDB.

Just make sure you get a good grinder. You have one yet?