Upgrading to new espresso machine, budget <$1500

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
cbr shadow

#1: Post by cbr shadow »

I was introduced to Espresso in Melbourne Australia where I spent two years on a work assignment and have been hooked ever since. My first and only machine is a $120 "Kuchef" espresso machine from ALDI! Anyways without getting into a long story, I'd like to upgrade now that I'm headed back to the states.. Chicago specifically.

The very top of my budget is $1500 for the espresso machine. I do have a Mazzer Mini grinder already, so no need to get a grinder just yet.

My Requirements:
1) Looks nice on the countertop. Recently remodeled our kitchen and would like a nice looking machine. Lots of chrome would be nice, but I'm not sure if that's the type of machine we'll get for our budget.

2) This machine will generally be used for making (2) latte's in the morning, then sometimes 2 more later in the day. Also maybe once a month I'd make 3-4 in a row.

Basically I want a nice looking dependable machine that can make a great cappuccino or 4, and costs less than $1500.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Type(s) of drinks: lattes, espresso shots
How many drinks at one time: Mostly 2 at a time (possibly a double shot) with the occasional multi drink need (5%)
Drinks/week: 14-20
Plumb into water supply: Not necessary
20-amp/15-amp circuit: standard 15
Budget: $1500 for just the machine
Willing to buy used: Prefer new.
Possess any accessories: Just junky ones that came with my el cheapo espresso machine. Molded plastic tamper, stainless jug.

-Ryan

Compass Coffee

#2: Post by Compass Coffee »

Chris Coffee currently has an Open Box Quick Mill Anita for $1445. Good HX machine from a highly respected seller and highly respected manufacturer.
Mike McGinness