Thinking about Compak K10 Fresh - what's a great price?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
riley
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by riley »

Could anyone tell me what would be a great price on one of these?

Thanks

R

damonbowe

#2: Post by damonbowe »

under $1900.

boar_d_laze

#3: Post by boar_d_laze »

They're ~$2K everywhere. I think you can get 10% off that at SCG by getting on their mail list (which might also cost you a small "previous purchase," before ordering the Compak).

Some people find "dickering" embarrassing, uncomfortable, and just not worth it; but -- as you know -- there are more productive modes of negotiation than clicking the "purchase" button. If the best possible price is important, and/or there's a dealer you prefer above others, you might call and ask for their best price.

Speaking of "embarassing," at the risk of seeming someone who wants validation for his own decisions... Take my advice and look at the Ceado E-92 as well. It's in the same class as the Fresh and Robur E.

By way of impressions only, not facts:
Compared to the Compak the Ceado has slightly less convenient ergonomics, gives better mouthfeel, gives (maybe) slightly better grinding in other respects, and seems to do the "ease of maintenance" thing better. Compared to the Mazzer, the Ceado has better ergonomics, better "touch," is identical (at least as far as I can tell) for "in the cup" qualities, and is easier to clean and maintain.

But those are very fine distinctions indeed. U pick'm.

If you're interested in the Ceado, you can get the E-92 at WLL for the same or less than the best deal you can get on a Fresh. Think of the internet price as an opening offer, get on the phone and talk to Mark Jackson, their head of sales. He's a good guy, and motivated.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator