Small scale for weighing dose/espresso

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Barb
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Barb »

Any suggestions on where,what to get a small scale so I can weigh my ground beans? HG-One grinder is ordered and I will want to weigh the output.
I have a large electronic flat kitchen scale but suspect there are smaller ones better used for coffee

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

Scott
LMWDP #248

Gig103

#3: Post by Gig103 »

You can also check eBay for a "Jewelers scale". They also have 0.1g resolution.

A reason to buy a larger scale would be if you want to tare out your entire portafilter, or if your dosing mechanism is heavy (I dunno the weight of that HGOne blind tumbler, for example, if you are even using one).

Bob_McBob

#4: Post by Bob_McBob »

If you want a small scale for espresso, the MyWeigh Triton T2 is hard to beat. The response time is much better than the DX scale, and the shape fits most drip trays better.
Chris

Nick Name

#5: Post by Nick Name »

sweaner wrote:This: http://www.dx.com/p/precision-digital-p ... VOOW45Viko

No reason to pay more IMO.
My choice as well (mine is 2kg/0,1g but otherwise the same). Really cheap but accurate. Shuts itself down, but not too soon like some other battery powered scales. The batteries (2 x AAA) have lasted for a few years already and still counting.
The only drawback is that it may have a pretty long delivery time. (roughly from 2 weeks to a month to Europe, some have even reported closer to two months). But it's hard to beat the price.

Barb (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Barb (original poster) »

Thanks all
Yes will use the Tumbler with my HG-One

day

#7: Post by day »

I have recently been looking at this this company for large pet scales they also have a very wide selection of smaller precise scales

http://www.zieis.com/500g-Capacity-unit ... 3C227.aspx

That example is a bit on the extreme end with 500g max being solid for most pourover needs and
.01g being desirable but maybe (i may not agree here) unnecessarily precise-but there is a huge range of precision and price available.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

ira
Team HB

#8: Post by ira »

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com is another good place to browse scales. I have one I would recommend but it's not made any more and the one I currently use is a Acail Lunar which is really cool but wildly overqualified for just weighing coffee. Certainly matches the HG-One aesthetic though.

Ira

Compass Coffee

#9: Post by Compass Coffee »

On the other end of the spectrum for those who demand extremely accurate dosing might be the AND AD-4212 Series - AD-4212B-23. How about 0.001mg = .000001g readability - even comes with AC adapter. Only $12,995.00! :shock:
Mike McGinness

Eastsideloco

#10: Post by Eastsideloco »

Imagine how nerdy you could get about grounds retention with that scale!