Should I buy a Versalab M3 ?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
JakeMasterFlash

#1: Post by JakeMasterFlash »

Since most of the replies are a few years old I thought I would reach out. Cost isn't the object for me as much as grind retention. I roast a ½ cup of beans every few days so I hate having to dump yesterdays grind from my Pasquinni Moka doserless.

kwantfm

#2: Post by kwantfm »

If cost isn't a problem then you should look at a Terranova Hybrid!
LMWDP #602

day

#3: Post by day »

My main question is why the versalab over the hg One? I dont really know what the grind retention is on the hgone but my Pharos is 0grams-less than .1g (with a little rdt via steam), so i assume the hgone is the same?

If so, hand grinding a cup of beans every 5 days or so would be no sweat at all.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

JakeMasterFlash (original poster)

#4: Post by JakeMasterFlash (original poster) »

Thanks for the feedback. The Terranova looks great but I do have some price ceiling :D

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mgrayson »

I have both. I prefer the HG One slightly on taste, but most mornings, the M3 wins significantly on convenience. FWIW, I get about 2 more grams in the basket with the HG One, which comes in handy for some roasts.

No retention on either.

--Matt

JakeMasterFlash (original poster)

#6: Post by JakeMasterFlash (original poster) »

Matt,
Thanks, I think when I pull the string it will be the M3. The HG One seems to take up a bit more room on my counter. And the hand cranking though I need the "exorcise" seems over the long haul to be drag.
I still have this feeling we have entered the age of great grinders and over the next few years there will be more to choose from.
Eugene