Should I buy Ceado E37S while it's on sale for $1119? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
SonVolt

#11: Post by SonVolt »

I'll keep you guys updated on my experience with the Forte to Ceado "upgrade" - it should be here today but I won't be able to use it until the weekend. I really do like the Forte so I'm hesitant to call it an upgrade. The digital scale is just too convenient. .

gophish wrote:@SonVolt I'm also interested in hearing your impressions of the e37s vs the Forte, specifically if you single dosed the Forte and plan to single dose the Ceado.

By single dose do you mean not storing beans in the hopper? I definitely used the hopper on the Forte because it had the built-in digital scale, so single dosing didn't see like it mattered. Also I feel like the hopper feeds beans into the shoot better when the weight of the beans are pushing down on it. When I get the Ceado I plan to dial in the timer to get ~18 grams of coffee.

gophish

#12: Post by gophish »

Yeah, that's what I meant. I agree that having a full hopper (typically) creates a more consistent grind, but I've always pre-weighed the dose and added it to the Vario, and have grown to quite like that routine. Retention is typically only .1g

I'm interested to know how the e37s handles single dosing.
Versalab

SonVolt

#13: Post by SonVolt »

Here she is! I'm out of beans until my next Counter Culter order arrives later in the week. :(

JerDGold

#14: Post by JerDGold »

SonVolt wrote:Here she is! I'm out of beans until my next Counter Culter order arrives later in the week. :(

<image>
That sounds horrible. Shoulda planned better :mrgreen:

spearfish25

#15: Post by spearfish25 »

Updates guys. Updates!

RyanJE

#16: Post by RyanJE replying to spearfish25 »

+1. Bump!
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

spearfish25

#17: Post by spearfish25 replying to RyanJE »

There are a couple other active E37S threads that should give you good info in the Grinders forum.

newrevolution123

#18: Post by newrevolution123 »

I could always give you an update on my new grinder, Compak E10 OD conical but that would be off topic.
"Success is something you attract by the person you become.” -- Jim Rohn

RyanJE

#19: Post by RyanJE »

newrevolution123 wrote:I could always give you an update on my new grinder, Compared E10 OD conical but that would be off topic.
And not quite a fair comparison either. :P
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

SAB

#20: Post by SAB »

newrevolution123 wrote:I could always give you an update on my new grinder, Compared E10 OD conical but that would be off topic.
So, start a new thread and tell us about it! I'd love to hear about your e10! :D