Setup for specialty batch-brew? (Aka: Recommend me a batch-brewer)

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
NebuK

#1: Post by NebuK »

Hi everyone,

i'm thankfully i was entasked by my boss to replace our current coffee-setup in the office (which is nespresso capsules). Now, this is a hard one ... currently i'm doing hand-filter in V60 with a buono for myself, but i can hardly teach the whole office how to - and most wouldn't want to anyways :? .

So my thought was: At two occasions i've witnessed gourmet-batch-brew: One was at Bonanza Coffe Heroes in Berlin, who regularly offer very fruity specialty SO from large batch-brewers. The others was on a "meet the maker"-coffee-fair, where someone from Bunn was, showing off their latest shiny stuff. It was a large batch brewer, with a vacuum-insulated keep-warm-can, where the brewer would have PID control, pulse brewing, adjustable bypass, various showerheads to choose from, and would wirelessly communicate with their grinder to adjust amount and grind-size. The result? WOW! I drank a fruity, round, nutty mexican SO that has been kept warm for 2 hours, and COULD NOT DISTINGUISH IT FROM A FRESH HANDFILTER!

This is what i need!

Unfortunately it's very hard to get in contact with Bunn or this paticular Sales-Rep here in Germany - which is also bad for upcoming possible service needs - so i'm looking for other alternatives. I think i'd be fine on the grinder side, and also Brita Purity Quell C/ST is a given for water treatment here, but ... i'd really like to know what you guys use for specialty batch brewing, if you must ...

Thank & Best
Dario

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

If Fetco or Wilbur Curtis set-ups are available to you in Germany, the same kind of set-ups would serve you well.
-----
LMWDP #339

Advertisement
NebuK (original poster)

#3: Post by NebuK (original poster) »

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, but i wanted to make sure i can get in Contact with a Fetco dealer here before saying something ... :roll: .

So, i'm able to source, for example, the FETCO CBS 2131 XTS. As far as i read, it should suite the task quite well, not beeing too large, but offering settings for amount, time, pulses, prewet and temperature. Also beeing able to make as little as 1l seems good for having fresher brews ready more often.

Now ... do you think another machine from the Fetco lineup would be more suited for this kind of strange cross-task between office coffee and 3rd-wave batch-brew?

Also, do you have any experience with the Fetco grinders? There aren't terribly many specs or pictures out there, and the sales-rep had no idea about them either. I'm used to the EK43 in our store, but i'm also quite content with my Mahlkönig Guatemala at home ... will it compare to the smaller one, at least?

Other than that, thanks for the tip! It seems it'll prove veeery helpful :D :idea: .

Best,