Seeking opinions on trade value of La Marzocco Swift

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
slomo

#1: Post by slomo »

Moderator, please move if not correct forum)

I have an LM Swift grinder for my daily grinder. It's used and one lid has a slight chip in the plastic but otherwise in great shape. I love it but it's just too big. It sat in storage for years until I finally got my home coffee bar built and I still built it too small to accommodate the grinder.
I would like opinions on what grinder is a reasonable equivalent that would fit under a 21" cabinet. I'm hoping to possibly trade but I would like to feel I receive a fair deal.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by emradguy »

Unfortunately for you, there's nothing like the LM Swift. You should probably look at the Baratza Forte which will have some of the electronic features of the Swift in a 54mm ceramic burr set, or a Mahlkoenig K30 Vario, which has liitle to none of the electronic features (I think), but a 65mm burr set (no ceramic option, afaik), and of course, niether of those comes with 2 hoppers that feed into a single burr set. I think you'd (read as: anyone would) be better off getting 2 grinders, especially if your only space problem is height. The K30 is purportedly the best grinder with 65mm flat burrs around, performing well above other grinders with similar sized burr sets. What have you been using while the Swift has been in storage?
LMWDP #748

slomo (original poster)

#3: Post by slomo (original poster) »

I had a small but efficient Nemox Lux. I am ok with a single grinder but am a neanderthal when it comes to knowing what to purchase with today's market. The swift has made me lazy with the auto dose/tamp. I love it but need to exchange it for something more counter friendly.

Thanks for the response, I'll start by determining what the Swift and my wallet will get me for a replacement.