Salvatore Semi-Automatic E61 or La Spaziale Vivaldi II

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
willylakes

#1: Post by willylakes »

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I was searching in the forum as well as in the web for comparisons or opinions between the Salvatore Semi-Automatic E61 versus La Spaziale Vivaldi II, but I couldn't find any. I found a lot of useful i formation on each one, but I couldn't figure out which one would be better... At least for my needs.

Here are some things I undersatd:

Both are around $2000
Salvatore is a one boiler HX but can brew and steam at the same time
Vivaldi two boilers and can brew and steam at the same time
Salvatore is better quality (i think) since it is all hand made custom made
Vivaldi is more adjustable since it has easy temp control and I think u can even adjust the pump pressure (at least that is what I think the second gauge is for).

Can somebody help with opinions? I can give more details and answer questions if needed.

Thanks, and sorry if this was already asked (if it was can you post the link, I didn't find it)
Guillermo

JmanEspresso

#2: Post by JmanEspresso »

Im partial to the Dual Boilers myself, and having previously owned a Vivaldi II, Id definitely buy it again.

The Salvatores are definitely niche. Handmade built to order is something to make note of, but it does make the price jump. And on the other side of the coin, its not like the other more mainstream machine choices aren't built well. Machines in the Vivaldi II class are built very well, the VII being a fully commercial certified machine in fact.

I dont personally like the Salvatore machines(I find them unattractive and I dont like having to wait to get the machine), but I recognize why they are liked by those who own them, and Im sure they make great coffee. To me, this still comes down to HX or DB, which do you want. Me, I want DB.

Assuming you have budgeted for a grinder?

willylakes (original poster)

#3: Post by willylakes (original poster) »

Thanks for your comments!
Yes I reserved $450 for a grinder, I read in this forum that grinders are more important than anything.
I decided to buy a Baratza Vario after I make up my mind with the coffee machine.

hankua
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by hankua »

I've got the Salvatore, built like a tank, and probably last for ages. I like it for the same reasons Jeff dislikes the machine. That being said if the choice was between Vivaldi and Salvatore; Vivaldi wins in my book. Might as well get the more technologically advanced machine; unless you want something made by an old world craftsman here in the US. My machine is very consistent, easy to use, and has minimal maintenance. But those feature do not necessarily translate into better espresso.

willylakes (original poster)

#5: Post by willylakes (original poster) »

Thanks!
LOL I like both machines for the same reason each one of you likes each machine!

I think I am going to go with the Vivaldi and then when I get really hooked I buy a Salvatore.... I have time to decide though, the Vivaldi is out of stock till March.

I am thinking of getting the plumb one, not the mini, unless someone here says that the benefits for the plumbing one is not worth the effort.

Any other comments? Thanks in advance!

JmanEspresso

#6: Post by JmanEspresso »

Benefits of plumbing is MORE THAN WORTHWHILE.

You will literally never go back to pourover. Being plumbed in, is.. Well its perfect.