Rocket Cellini vs. Izzo Alex Duetto

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
sazerac

#1: Post by sazerac »

I have a Rocket Cellini machine that appears to not be heating up properly. It used to be able to produce water at the brew head that registered 206-208 and I could do a cool down. It dropped the outgoing temperature and I had my machine ( 2 years old, with 2-4 shots/day ) professionally descaled and tested. I'm able to keep pressure at 1.3 with no problem. Although the temperature is better, the initial temperature at the head gets to 202 at most, even at the start of the supposed cool down period. When looking at the flow out through single portafilter, there is steam and uneven flow for a second or two and then NO steam and steady flow as in video.

Are there any thoughts about this. I just want to get rid of this machine and go to DB type and not worry about HX and cool down. I may be oversimplifying the HX difficulty but the DB method seems to be an improvement over the process in my machine. The Izzo Duetto sure looks like an improvement, although not manufactured as nice as my Cellini. Any thoughts?

sazerac.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I offered some ideas in your other thread, Repair Rocket Cellini that doesn't heat up. Maybe Eric can think of another explanation for the change in behavior.

Switching to an E61 with double boiler versus the heat exchanger model you already have will simplify temperature management, but assuming the above problem is sorted out, what's in the cup will be essentially unchanged. The Duetto is popular among members of this board; there's probably a few that have upgraded from E61/HX espresso machines.
Dan Kehn