Replace Solis SL70 / Limited Depth: Lelit, Silvano, Ascaso, ?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jugglerdave

#1: Post by jugglerdave »

So my Solis SL70 may be on its last legs after exactly 11 years. It's paired with a Pasquini K2 (Moka doserless).

I'm looking for a replacement / upgrade with a depth of less than 11" (unfortunately a hard requirement)

I make 1-2 milk-based drinks each morning and another 4-5 straight espressos on the weekend. So steaming is important but not really being able to pull shot after shot or many drinks for guests.

I'm hoping to upgrade to a PID and have been looking at:
- QuickMill Silvano (my desired machine but alas the depth is 13" which is too big)
- Lelit PL60PLUST Diana PID (Double boiler) or Lelit PL41TEM Single
- Ascaso Steel Uni Pro w/ PID

I've heard of the CC1 but it's also too deep at 13".

Are there other machines I can consider out there? My target budget is $800-1200, looking for a decent quality machine that will last!

cheers

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#2: Post by EspressoForge »

You didn't mention a vertical dimension maximum, so I'll recommend the Ponte Vecchio Export...11" is quite a small depth, I guess you can't rotate a machine slightly and stick it in a corner? May get you an extra inch or two.

Export Dimensions:
Measurements (of the base): 15.35" H x 6.3" W x 11.02" D (39 cm H x 16 cm W x 28 cm D).
Height with arm in up position - 18.75" H.

jugglerdave (original poster)

#3: Post by jugglerdave (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply. You're right I didn't mention a height maximum... can go up to 16" which seems to cover most of the small base machines anyway.

The Ponte Vecchio looks interesting but I don't think I'd consider a lever machine. Besides the lever protrudes quite a bit as well.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of options for relocating the machine so my options are fairly limited.

OrionTX

#4: Post by OrionTX »

I have considered the Lelit too, but double check the steam boiler capacity. 1st-line says 1.4 liter, but Lelit says 400 ml. I am pleased with the quality of my PL 62 and 1st-line.
Keep in mind that no one on this forum has lower abilities/standards than I.

coffeemods

#5: Post by coffeemods »

what is wrong with your Solis?
Maybe I can help you fix it or buy it from you.
I love my SL-70 and I am thinking of PIDing it myself.
They are great machines.
-Juan
Juan
KoHi Labs