Reasonable cost lever espresso machine- no exposed boiler?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Seed65

#1: Post by Seed65 »

Hello,

Going down the path of decisions that need to be made regarding purchasing a lever machine. One thing that I need to be mindful of is exposed boilers and kids. Are there any reasonably priced levers that do not have exposed boilers ? Reasonably priced bring $1000 and under range. Thanks!

Mike

peacecup

#2: Post by peacecup »

The Ponte Vecchio Lusso and Export both are under 1K and both have covered boilers. I was drawn to the Export for the same reason when my kid was 2. Now she's 12 and the Export is still pulling great shots. I bought a second-hand Export a few years ago as a backup. Now both Exports are office machines because I got a Lusso for the home.

The Lusso is a great under-1K value - extremely temperature stable and capable of incredible espresso. Also super-forgiving in terms of puck preparation.

Some people have experienced quality-control issues with new Ponte Vecchios - I think these have been overstated, but it pays to buy from a reputable dealer.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

CoffeeBar

#3: Post by CoffeeBar »

Go for Used Olympia Cremina 67. It's Time machine, builds for last and super crema of cause :D

Worth for reading: Restoration of an Olympia Cremina

forbeskm

#4: Post by forbeskm »

I have a cremina as well, eBay in the summer yields the best deals. Two up at the moment, one at 900 and one at 1200.

Orphan Espresso and Cerini for parts, coffeebos for a Richard Penny bottom less portafilter on etsy. OE has buckets of videos on YouTube for restoring.