Please help me identify the model of this grinder!

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Grace30

#1: Post by Grace30 »

Hi everyone.. first time poster here! I've been reading the boards here for a while now gathering info as I save up for my future upgrade from a horribly basic bodum bistro grinder to something that can actually grind for espresso. And so here I am saving up my pennies and my grinder breaks. I have been trying to survive with pre-ground and even a blade grinder for a few weeks but I can't stand it anymore! So I am on the hunt for a used or refurbished grinder that won't break the bank for the moment and stumbled upon this one..

The seller doesn't know anything about the machine :roll: , but says the brand is VIBM...? I've been scouring the web and this brand does not seem to exist. All I can find is Vibiemme but I don't see that they make any grinders. Only absurdly expensive machines. Anyway, I have a few other viable options but this one intrigues me and I'm so curious to try to figure out what it is. I live a bit too far from the seller to just drive out and take a look at it, would only want to go if I am planning on buying it. Any ideas?? Any help would be great! Thanks :)

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I don't know if they get rebadged, but it looks a lot like a La Pavoni Zip with a different doser. The internals might be similar.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
Grace30 (original poster)

#3: Post by Grace30 (original poster) »

Thanks! I'll take a look but it seems like the mystery continues! :lol:

pacificmanitou

#4: Post by pacificmanitou »

TomC wrote:I don't know if they get rebadged, but it looks a lot like a La Pavoni Zip with a different doser. The internals might be similar.
Isn't the zip a rebadge of something else? Maybe that company makes a lot of similar products for different companies.
LMWDP #366

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

It certainly appears to be rather Google-proof. I can't recall the last time I've seen a fluted plastic hopper either. There's reason enough to pass on something that is so unknown. Unless you can verify before buying it that it has some commonality with another platform, I wouldn't think it's any bargain once something needs servicing or replacement.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Flipper

#6: Post by Flipper »

Hey, this VIBM...could be the brand Vibiemme. But they've never built any grinders by themselves. They only got it branded by other manufacturers. I know they used to re-brand some Anfim grinders with Vibiemme. But this one you have there does not look like an Anfim grinder to me.
Maybe this is of some help...cheers

Flipper

#7: Post by Flipper »

the hopper distracted me as well...sorry. I am sure this is an Anfim grinder you have there! Pretty solid one, should be no problem to keep it running with new burrs for a long time. Generally really good grinders! ( http://www.anfim.net )

Advertisement
Grace30 (original poster)

#8: Post by Grace30 (original poster) »

Thanks for your help everyone! I think I'll pass on this one, there are lots of other options right now. Too much mystery for me! Now to do another post for help deciding between my last three options! :D