Pitcher Rinser - NSF/ANSI for a new cafe?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
theassemblycafe

#1: Post by theassemblycafe »

Hi,

I'm trying to outfit my cafe in Los Angeles, CA (complete build out of space) with pitcher rinsers but the Health inspector is insisting that they have to be NSF or ANSI certified, at least. Otherwise I'd have to remove them from the plans and install a dump sink instead.

I've searched online extensively but no existing rinsers/drain trays are certified NSF or ANSI. I've also looked into similar items from bar usage but can't find the certifications on those as well.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with the local/state departments when opening their cafes with regards to this? It seems odd when there are so many specialty cafes in the area and throughout the US that have rinsers installed.

Thanks,
Jun

Not2Bitter

#2: Post by Not2Bitter »

Have you contacted espresso parts to see if their rinser is NSF?

http://www.espressoparts.com/EPPR6102

Advertisement
theassemblycafe (original poster)

#3: Post by theassemblycafe (original poster) »

Hi Not2Bitter,

I have, they said the parts are but the entire unit is still waiting NSF certification. I just want to make sure I have other options if the Health Dept. is still denying install since it's not completely certified. Wanted to see if other cafe owners had a similar experience and how they got around it.

Not2Bitter

#4: Post by Not2Bitter »

I would put in a dump sink that is the same size or smaller for the initial build, then either wait till they are NSF certified or simply change out for the rinser after the initial opening. Chances are if it looks NSF quality they won't ever look at it again after you're open, and you won't have the same inspector coming in to look as the one who looked at your initial plans.

theassemblycafe (original poster)

#5: Post by theassemblycafe (original poster) »

Hi Not2Bitter,

Thanks for the advice! Figured that would be my only option now if they're being sticklers about it. Appreciate the time and help.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

Maybe not quite what your looking for, but this pitcher rinser appears to be NSF certified.

https://www.spulboyusa.com/pitcher_rins ... ation.html
-Chris

LMWDP # 272