The perfect Father's Day gift? Espresso machine?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Talayespresso

#1: Post by Talayespresso »

Hello everyone i was wondering if one can help find a good espresso machine for my dad something simple to used and good my budget is $800.00 i dont have much time left to make and order so please guy give me a few company name even model so i can do some research. thank you

day

#2: Post by day »

Hehe money in a card with a note "TO HELP YOU PAY FOR AN ESPRESSO MACHINE AND GRINDER!"

Has he ever made espresso? What equipment? Does he already buy fresh roasted quality coffee and if so from where? Does he have a grinder? Which one?

These are critical to establish before we can offer any meaningful suggestions.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

Bill33525
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Bill33525 »

I would second the money card as well.

Talayespresso (original poster)

#4: Post by Talayespresso (original poster) »

lol funny , My old man is 77 and his not a super high tech old man, i wanna buy him a machine the one he has is giving up on him. they are so many machines out there dont know whats good or bad i dont wanna buy him a machine that's going to give him problems at the end of the day is me who's going to take it to get it fix so in other word i m looking for a good machine thats going to save me some headaches...

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Talayespresso wrote:they are so many machines out there dont know whats good or bad...
See How to choose an espresso machine and grinder at the "right" price and especially the buying advice video. That said, if your budget is $800 including the grinder, there are not many choices. If you don't budget for a decent grinder, you're better off skipping the espresso machine and going with a grinder + pourover instead.
Dan Kehn

#6: Post by Talayespresso (original poster) »

Thank you @HB Very nice video a little long but learn a lot hope no one tells my boss i watching videos all day lol, anyways guys i think i might go with a Gaggia looks like this brand is the one that will fit with us. My dad is 77 so the less bottom he has to push the better. hopefully i m making the right choice give me your honest opinion on this model: 14101 Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine Model http://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/st ... s-c368.htm i found for $595.00 canadian. if you guys have anyone of other place when i can buy it for cheap let me know asap running out of time fathers day is in just 2 weeks.

canuckcoffeeguy

#7: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Talayespresso wrote:Thank you @HB Very nice video a little long but learn a lot hope no one tells my boss i watching videos all day lol, anyways guys i think i might go with a Gaggia looks like this brand is the one that will fit with us. My dad is 77 so the less bottom he has to push the better. hopefully i m making the right choice give me your honest opinion on this model: 14101 Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine Model http://www.consiglioskitchenware.com/st ... s-c368.htm] i found for $595.00 canadian. if you guys have anyone of other place when i can buy it for cheap let me know asap running outer time fathers day is in just 2 weeks.
Sebastian, if that's the machine you want -- and since you're in New York -- it makes more sense for you to buy from an American retailer such as Whole Latte Love. They're in Rochester, NY
https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... so-machine

However, this is considered a bare minimum entry level machine for home espresso. Also, do no underestimate the importance of a capable espresso grinder. It's actually more important than the machine. Fresh beans, fresh ground, with a capable espresso grinder are all absolutely necessary for even adequate espresso. The machine also makes a difference, since you need to control temperature, pressure etc.

Does your Dad know how to make proper espresso? There are many variables that need to be mostly right for espresso making to work out. It's labour intensive, but fun if you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy the process, it will feel like a lot of work.

What kind of machine has he been using?

happycat

#8: Post by happycat »

I have had a Gaggia classic since 2012.

It is essential to have a good grinder

Also the machine has a tiny boiler and mediocre steaming. I addressed this with a PID from Auber to quickly heat and maintain heat and provide lots of heat for steaming, and a replacement steam arm.

Probably not suitable for your dad.

A great grinder and a brewing system and a fresh coffee subscription might be way easier and deliver way more bang for the buck.
LMWDP #603

ds

#9: Post by ds »

Have you considered Nespresso? About $100 for machine and $700 buys ton of capsules. The espresso is decent, lot of different flavors to try and super easy to use without messing anything up....

#10: Post by Talayespresso (original poster) »

After looking around and around i found the machine i wanna on ebay for $500.00 and ship , Gaggia Classic Espresso Machine Model. shopping around work out perfect the machine warranty still valid and I didnt spend too much money and guess what guys Its already in my living room ready for sunday, Happy Father's day to all the fathers in here and thank you so much for all your help.

Thank you,