Orphan Espresso Pharos & LIDO grinders availability

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Merkinz

#1: Post by Merkinz »

I understand that these grinders are hand made so supply is not large however does anyone have any idea how often they are for sale? or when they may next be on sale?

I desperately want to get my hands on a Pharos grinder as soon as I can for a wedding present but all the OE site says is "Out of Stock". I don't need a specific date, just a "should have a few in a month or two" or "won't be available to xmas" ... I need to know if I should start looking for an alternative wedding present. :|

WSH

#2: Post by WSH »

I think the best thing to do is, contact Orphan Epsresso directly and see what the hold up is. IMO. :D

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by uscfroadie »

You must have just missed them. At a minimum the Lido was in stock just a few days ago.

Barb and Doug have posted recently that they've been assembling them, so check daily for them to once again be in stock.
Merle

riadyh

#4: Post by riadyh »

I just placed an order for Pharos 3 days ago. I guess I was lucky.

Merkinz (original poster)

#5: Post by Merkinz (original poster) »

ohhhhh maaaaaaaan, looks like I just missed out :( I hope they have some more not too far away :|

I sent them an email ... fingers crossed.

EDIT: Question? How often are they "Out of Stock"?

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#6: Post by orphanespresso »

How often are they out of stock? As often as we run out of parts... Lido will be back on Monday or Tuesday. Pharos will be back as soon as we receive another part we're waiting for (there was a screw up, and they forgot to thread a part!). It'll be back in stock soon, I hope!
Barb

Merkinz (original poster)

#7: Post by Merkinz (original poster) »

Thanks for the update! ... now to work out if I can afford both! :D

MNSTA

#8: Post by MNSTA »

I have one of each, pharos for home and the Lido at work, currently using the Lido for espresso grind with the caravel and producing beautiful shots.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#9: Post by orphanespresso »

Pharos update - about 2 weeks from now - they had to remake the part....
Barb

beer&mathematics

#10: Post by beer&mathematics »

Worth the wait to just buy new from OE! Even if it takes few weeks. I've been monitoring their stock for a few weeks now and it seems to fluctuate weekly. So be patient, they usually come back 'in stock' after no more than a couple of weeks. OE, the people and the company, go above and beyond what you would expect from a retailer. The grinders they created are thing to behold!
LMWDP #431