New Izzo Alex Duetto 3.0 with SS boilers?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thecatch83

#1: Post by thecatch83 »

Anyone else notice this from Izzo? Price point is right in between the Duetto 3/QM V2B and the Pro 700/Lucca M58 at $2,595. Also says the solenoid valve is now SS as well. I wonder why they didn't update the PID to include a shot timer and blue led's like the rest of their competition?

https://www.chriscoffee.com/Alex-Duetto ... /mk505.htm

desmodici

#2: Post by desmodici »

First time I see this..... Nice upgrade.
I wonder how (if) it differs in the cup/usability, etc

thecatch83 (original poster)

#3: Post by thecatch83 (original poster) »

I wonder as well, my guess not much as this is probably more about boiler longevity and scaling more than anything. I find it interesting that the pro 700, Lucca, Vesuvius and LMLM are all sold out across the country but you can always find the IAD 3.0 in stock. My assumption is that no one is buying this machine. :?:

larcon

#4: Post by larcon »

I was considering to upgrade from my Breville Dual Boiler to Alex Duetto, but after many hours of readings about dual boiler, the best choice is the Profitec Pro 700.

CSME9

#5: Post by CSME9 »

When filling the water tank you have to remove entire railed top and the tank has a lid-a bit cumbersome. Interior component layout is a bit cramped, not much room for DYS repairs. Low group-spout distance with some cups.

BaristaBoy E61

#6: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Pro 700, Lucca M58, Izzo Duetto III, they're all good machines.

After owning a Duetto III for about a1-1/2yrs I'd say it hits the 'Goldie Locks' zone pretty well. It's been no trouble at all, not as expensive as the Pro 700 and seems to have some desirable features that I haven't seen (although I might be wrong) in the Lucca M58 or V2B, such as a SSR. This I feel is a bigger deal than SS boilers or shot timers, in my opinion.

Money saved on a Pro 700 was better spent on a Mahlkonig K30 Vario in our case. All purchased from Chris' Coffee, which was another 'most important feature'.

Just another voice, from the deep forest...
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Bob_McBob

#7: Post by Bob_McBob »

I wish more manufacturers would add dual loop PID controllers so the steam boiler doesn't have to lag with the brew boiler tuning. That would be a lot more meaningful to me than SS boilers.
Chris

Gaius

#8: Post by Gaius »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Pro 700, Lucca M58, Izzo Duetto III, they're all good machines.

After owning a Duetto III for about a1-1/2yrs I'd say it hits the 'Goldie Locks' zone pretty well. It's been no trouble at all, not as expensive as the Pro 700 and seems to have some desirable features that I haven't seen (although I might be wrong) in the Lucca M58 or V2B, such as a SSR. This I feel is a bigger deal than SS boilers or shot timers, in my opinion.

Money saved on a Pro 700 was better spent on a Mahlkonig K30 Vario in our case. All purchased from Chris' Coffee, which was another 'most important feature'.

Just another voice, from the deep forest...
+1 this is the exact answer i would give as well. Went for duetto and i am loving this machine, superb quality on everything and i have been using it everyday in the past year.

I think this additional 1k$ is much better spent towards top end grinder, good tamper and some smart barista scale instead of a SS boilers,..

IntrepidQ3

#9: Post by IntrepidQ3 replying to Gaius »

I have had mine for about a year now, I feel the same. The ritual of refilling the tank becomes habit and not that troublesome. My only complaint, which is minor, is the decals/labels. They are just stickers! I lost one of the 'E's the 2nd day I had the machine. Light adhesive and a hot surface do not work well together, just saying.
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

Gaius

#10: Post by Gaius replying to IntrepidQ3 »

a was already bitching about this stupid stickers here :) Made me so nervous i removed all the decals next to led lights, but somehow Alex Duetto and italian flag keep adhering but i am avoiding rubbing with a rag/cloth..

Edit: but i still really hate the idea of paying 2k€ for a machine and then they are saving on stickers.

Similar to serial engraved plate with duetto II and sticker with duetto III/IV instead, cmon, really for that kind of money??