Need a bottomless portafilter for Olympia Cremina

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Christo

#1: Post by Christo »

I reallly need a bottomless portafilter for my Cremina. The only one I know that fits is the Richard Penny portafilter. Orphan Espresso doesn't seem to be offering them. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Chris
LMWDP #476

SpaceTime

#2: Post by SpaceTime »

That is the rub, after noticing OE seems to not be restocking them, I have not found another source. I even looked at Londinium who I think used to carry them also.

Maybe someone else knows...
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

Christo (original poster)

#3: Post by Christo (original poster) »

Anyone got Richard Penny's phone number? :D
Chris
LMWDP #476

homeburrero
Team HB

#4: Post by homeburrero »

Might try sending him a PM. He's an HB member - espressme
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

Cafedenda

#5: Post by Cafedenda »

If Richard doesn't make them anymore, look through this thread since danetrainer ordered one for the Cremina along with the Caravel one:

The Caravel Replacement Portafilter from Werkstatt-Kunst?

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

There are other options too. You can buy an Olympia Express portafilter from Cerini Coffee in New York and chop it out. The Olympia portafilter costs $149. Or, you can buy a portafilter for the Elektra Microcasa a Leva from Stefano's Espressocare and pay Stefano $20 to make it bottomless. The MCAL portafilter costs $80. It will work in a Cremina. A naked portafilter is a good diagnostic tool for good extractions, but it's not essential. If you've got an even pour and good color from your stock portafilter it's probably a pretty good extraction.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

espressme

#7: Post by espressme »

Well folks,
I seem to have lost OE as my retailer since they went into grinder manufacture.. :( I cannot reach them for an answer over the last couple months. Just decided today that I may go back into the business with the gauge adapters for the LaPavs and the shower screens for the 49mm Cremina and other machines, and the 49mm PFs in stainless steel. I am looking for a new retailer.
Any suggestions? I am unable to obtain the pfs in less than 25ea lots..and I am retired.
~Richard Penney / Espressme
Any retailer suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Christo (original poster)

#8: Post by Christo (original poster) »

Hi Richard! Hmmmmm.... Do you need a retailer? A quickie website and a paypal account seems like it's all you might need. Actually, you could just create a ebay store. It would take a bit more work than just selling to a retailer, but you would get retail prices.

P.S. I've tried to contact OE as well. Seems like the grinder business is where they are headed. They didn't respond to my questions on a Cremina rebuild. The world might have lost the best lever-experts around. Our loss, but good for them!
Chris
LMWDP #476

SpaceTime

#9: Post by SpaceTime »

espressme wrote:Well folks,
Any suggestions? I am unable to obtain the pfs in less than 25ea lots..and I am retired.
~Richard Penney / Espressme
Any retailer suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
Richard - are you looking for a retailer only, or just someone that is willing to pony up for a lot of 25 pf's?
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

espressme

#10: Post by espressme replying to SpaceTime »

Ideas? Well I would be able to sell to someone at a reduced price so they would make a profit as did my former retailers. OE was selling for $150 and that was a fair price and might have to go up in the future. The last batch was made in September 2013. My price from the CNC guy has really gone up over the past 7 years. No way could I produce the huge amounts of Olympia to reduce that cost.. At my age, I do not deal well with customers problems and I want to not have to fill and ship orders every few days.
Here was the original thread and after getting the prototype around to persons who tried it.

olympia cremina 67 portafilter

Cheers
~Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,