Need advice choosing Bezzera Strega model.

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
MarkG

#1: Post by MarkG »

Hi everyone,
I decided to pull the trigger and upgrade from my Bezzera BZ02.
I have been reading discussion threads on Strega and Londinium ad nauseam and finally decided to go with Strega. I am planning to order from iDrinkCoffee but am not sure with which model to go. I am not planing to plumb it but "Top" has a commercial pressurestat. How important is this difference? Is it worth extra $200? Does "Top" version has any other differences from the basic version except from ability to be plumbed?

Thanks in advance...

MarkG (original poster)

#2: Post by MarkG (original poster) »

Found the answer on pressurestat here

Iskanda

#3: Post by Iskanda »

MarkG wrote:has a commercial pressurestat. How important is this difference? Is it worth extra $200?
As to me: no. The non-commercial pressostat (like the XP110 from Mater) will be suitable.

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#4: Post by EspressoForge »

I personally wouldn't place a big emphasis on a commercial pressurestat either. But I think it may depend on how you use the machine. I always turn mine on just before using it, and turn it off after I'm done. The Strega heats up fast. On the other hand if you plan to keep the machine on for most of the day, maybe it would be worth it to you.

If you're comfortable replacing parts yourself, there's not much risk to go with the cheaper model, and upgrade the pressurestat only when/if it breaks for you. If that sounds like a huge hassle and something you wouldn't do...then going for the commercial pressurestat up front may make some sense.